Announcement | SmartThings Edge for Devices and Automations

yeah, considering we’re only 6 weeks out from 2022, and for all we know Groovy will be retired end of 2021, it’s quite the odd situation.

2 Likes

It would be nice if ST staff announced if the Groovy EOL is still planned for end of 2021 or has been extended (even if date unknown).

9 Likes

Any luck in getting the Ikea 5 button remote to work with new edge driver? It pairs but is unresponsive.

Are you referring to this model (the one using the five-buttons-battery profile?

Have you tried deleting it and pairing it again? Sometimes happens that the configuration wasn’t completed correctly.
If you’re discovering the device through the “scan nearby” option and the device is listed as “found”, you should wait a few seconds for its configuration to finish.

2 posts were split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Issues with multi-component devices and third-party integrations

2 posts were split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Issues with the CLI

A post was split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Life cycle handler when the Hub’s IP address changes

A post was split to a new topic: [ST Edge] LAN drivers - Multicast port

A post was split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Add fingerprints to released Edge drivers

2 posts were split to a new topic: [SmartThings Edge] Video capabilities in drivers

Has there been any progress on getting edge drivers to work with the Smartthings WIFI? Its been a while since the last version that said it was supposed to start working. Just curious as I can’t find any mention of it lately. Thanks.

4 Likes

Has there been any update on a customer focused rollout/beta. Has been 7 months since announcement?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, @mhatley, there has been no update about that yet.

1 Like

Hi, @Olicoley. Can you give more details about your interest regarding the customer-focused Edge drivers? For example, are you looking for a way to create drivers for devices or you’re wondering what will happen with your devices that are currently using a DTH?

1 Like

I am curious about this.

The information about the migration (devices that use stock DTHs) will be shared once the official announcement about the Groovy sunset comes out. Please, stay tuned for the posts of this Community section and the newsletter (subscription is available at the bottom).
There will be plenty of time in case we need to make some changes due to this process.

1 Like

Thanks!

That is what happened when I tried to subscribe to the newsletter.

3 Likes

Subscribing throws a 404.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @Bry, @w35l3y. I will report that to the corresponding team

2 Likes

Yep I was thinking the same about DTH migration/ the end of groovy. Do we have any time frames?

3 Likes