Announcement | SmartThings Edge for Devices and Automations

You’ll get more info (most of what you have in bullets 1 to 3) by using the yaml or json flag:

smartthings devices <ID> -y
1 Like

Thanks! That was non obvious to me. I assumed it would just show the same data elements as the ASCII table output but in the requested formats. I should have just tried them. :slight_smile: Hopefully theres a way to get the other items as well.

Thanks for jumping in, @philh30.
The other values that are not included in the device details returned by the ST API are not supported yet.
However, the engineering team is already aware of this situation and will analyze it further.
Thank you for bringing this up to our attention @csstup.

Is re-pairing a device still required to switch from a groovy DTH to edge drive?

Yes, I just had to do that while testing an Edge driver.

1 Like

Please, take a look at this post:

2 Likes

@nayelyz
What is going to happen with all of our stock DTH’s. (Like st branded sensors, Sengled lightbulbs……)

Are we going to have to manually change them to edge drivers or is smart things going to do some thing behind the scenes to convert everything from groovy? Is there some sort of date when everything is going to switch over, and will the user be responsible for doing it themselves?

4 Likes

The quote right above yours is from a SmartThings employee.

Hope there’s not a Happy Christmas anouncement with small print saying Groovy discontinued Jan 1 2022

2 Likes

yeah, considering we’re only 6 weeks out from 2022, and for all we know Groovy will be retired end of 2021, it’s quite the odd situation.

2 Likes

It would be nice if ST staff announced if the Groovy EOL is still planned for end of 2021 or has been extended (even if date unknown).

9 Likes

Any luck in getting the Ikea 5 button remote to work with new edge driver? It pairs but is unresponsive.

Are you referring to this model (the one using the five-buttons-battery profile?

Have you tried deleting it and pairing it again? Sometimes happens that the configuration wasn’t completed correctly.
If you’re discovering the device through the “scan nearby” option and the device is listed as “found”, you should wait a few seconds for its configuration to finish.

2 posts were split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Issues with multi-component devices and third-party integrations

2 posts were split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Issues with the CLI

A post was split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Life cycle handler when the Hub’s IP address changes

A post was split to a new topic: [ST Edge] LAN drivers - Multicast port

A post was split to a new topic: [ST Edge] Add fingerprints to released Edge drivers

2 posts were split to a new topic: [SmartThings Edge] Video capabilities in drivers

Has there been any progress on getting edge drivers to work with the Smartthings WIFI? Its been a while since the last version that said it was supposed to start working. Just curious as I can’t find any mention of it lately. Thanks.

4 Likes