Animus Heart (pre-release)

I haven’t read the whole thread yet (so this may have already been stated), but @Ben

In my case, IM NOT LEAVING SMARTTHINGS, but I definitely am looking into ‘alternatives’. The two concepts are NOT mutually exclusive.

If your platform is currently not working (just in case anyone is confused, SmartThings is currently not working), and if the fans want and need to have something that IS working, AND are committed to sticking with you, why so much dread around this type of discussion?

I don’t even care whether it’s a matter of connected devices or full controllers/hubs. Why should it matter?
If we’re committed to keeping this Community together (either by fixing this platform, or finding work-around or substitute options to get us through until it IS fixed) and see the value in having such discussions here (keeping it all in the family), how is that harmful or a bad thing?

It can’t be that we don’t want other people to see what’s really going on behind the curtain, right?

Again, IM NOT LEAVING SMARTTHINGS. I just want something that actually works, and until SmartThings gets fixed, even though I’m committed long-term, I’m also going to be looking for an alternate that can be used in the short-term (i.e. once ST gets fixed, I’ll migrate back in a heartbeat).

That being the case, why make me go elsewhere to get good, quality info about such things? Why not let us keep going as a Community here, sharing what we’re learning, with the intent of keeping it (this Community) together long enough to actually still have one (a Community) when SmartThings someday does actually get fixed?

I’d much rather hang with the same, high quality folks that have made their value to this Community (and this Product) obvious over time - even when checking out and using a different platform - than to have to reinvent that particular wheel. It’s the reinventing that you should be worried about (i.e. if we lose this Community because we weren’t allowed to huddle together in the corner and discuss how we’re going to make it through, it’s over for SmartThings in the ‘hearts-&-minds’ campaign as far as I can see).

3 Likes