Android v2.2.0 Issues

Some issues have been around since April 2016. Continuing from

Please keep this thread limited to specific issues. Report each issue as a separate reply with this format:

Phone Model: Nexus 7 & 4, Asus Zenfone
Phone OS: Android
Phone OS Version:6.0.1
Issue or Bug: DTH’s Value Tiles no longer take into account the line feed (‘\n’) in label value

Example: ‘Mode\n${currentValue}’

Issue or Bug: DTH’s Value Tiles’ Font Size is not Consistent from one field to another

Issue or Bug: DTH’s Value Tiles’ text is not aligned properly in some fields

1 Like

Issue or Bug: DTH Icons are sometimes disappearing. Need to switch to another mobile app and return to the ST mobile app to make them reappear again ( focus is lost).

Here is a screenshot of My Ecobee device (v4.2.5) which shows all the above issues… Some icons for the heating & cooling setpoints are also missing.

The correct UI display under Android should look like this:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Look_.26_Feel

Regards.

@kleneau, here’s another example.

Phone Model: Samsung Note 5 (non-exploding version)
Issue or Bug: DTH’s Value Tiles’ text is not aligned properly in some fields: (see what’s circled in red)

Should look like this:

Regression bug from 2.1.6 still not fixed, HREF doesn’t pass the correct parameters:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/android-2-1-6-is-out/55784/18

Phone - ALL phones (Samsung S7)
OS - 6.0.1

Another example for me, same phone specs:

1 Like

Add to that the list that in SmartApps it doesn’t honor setting a non device inputs state. Meaning setting it to blue (“complete”) or Red (null).

This works great on iOS but not android.

input "showSomething", "boolean", submitOnChange: true, state: (state.someOtherValue ? "complete" : null)

https://community.smartthings.com/t/android-2-2-0-release-notes/57560/30?u=sparkyxi

Phone model Amazon Fire phone
Phone OS Amazon android 5.
After update it doesn’t actually login. Open app, Enter credentials, app opens, but has the red banner across the top " login required" , nothing actually loads.

( ya I know, we have a drawer full of them because they were $99 -$119 & each came with a year of free Prime, use them around house as remotes/ controllers, alarm clocks etc. good spare phone if something happens )

2 Likes

I really would love to see the section hide format fixed.

section("Advanced Options:", hideable: true, hidden: false)

On the iOS client the issue is simply a formatting issue when you first open if the there are more than 10-15 characters it overlays the + symbol on initial page load.

I would like to see that fixed and the alignment returned back to the left of the page instead of awkwardly in the center (A parameter option to declare left, center, right would be nice)

The issue with the Android Client is that it’s completely ignored.

Off-topic, but I recently bought a prepaid Moto G (or was it an E?) for like $30. So use. Much win.

Just wanted to let ya’all know I’m in here and reading. Making tickets and such as well.

7 Likes

Fanks mang!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: iOS 2.2.0 - Release Notes

Phone Model: S7 edge
Issue or Bug: since v2.2.0 update no smartapps display. They continue to show on another device that has not been updated.

This is intentional. It is now available under automations.

1 Like

It was moved, look at the bottom under Automations > SmartApps

It’s not a bug, they just moved and didn’t tell us.

Look down at the bottom of the screen. The checkmark icon that used to be called “routine” is now called “automations.”

Click on that, and you will get a screen with two tabs at the top, one for smart apps and one for routines. Tap on the one that says smart apps, and you will see your installed smart apps that came from the marketplace.

Just found it and came back to post! Thanks all.

Nitin

1 Like