Android as a Speech/Alarm Device released! And Updated!

ah, i see. that crossed my mind but i never looked back after the brief thought. file is selected. there it is! thanks and sorry for the misinterpretation on that.

works just like you said it should… :wink:

Got that all working. Can you think of a way to get it to stop playing the file if I change my mode back to Home? It is set to play on event when Away is active.
Thanks!

@NWTony, sorry I see that there is a stop command. I will play with that.

installed this on my old nexus7 2012 but not getting any sounds, volume is up. one time said couldn’t open port but since then seems to be ok. setup the ip in SmartApp. tried alarm on in config as well as the notify and siren in the app. tried taking picture, nothing in the pictures folder. any tips? thanks!

Are you running a new enough version, Android 5.0 or higher?

thanks for quick response, running 5.1.1

in st app for landroid device, under recently tab, I see “lan droid sims is …”. any other clues for debugging? the tablet seems to be networked ok, as I have ipwebcam streaming from it to pc. also tried a different port on both sides but still nothing.

also when I try to take picture in landroid app… it always: “unfortunately lananouncer has stopped”

it says “socket service created”

Having exactly same issue as @kevin. Original nexus7, nothing coming through from the DH to the android app. Once said it couldn’t open port (just once). Latest android version (5+). Android on fixed IP. Able to successfully send commands from browser to lannouncer.

Any thoughts on trouble shooting this?

Thank you.

Excellent device! Just one minor wrinkle for me. When SHM uses it as a siren it goes off, but then stops without me doing anything. According to SHM its supposed to go on for 1 min atleast, but it might go off for 10 seconds. Know how I could fix this?

Thanks.

Interesting. I haven’t seen that SHM documentation. Of course, I wrote that functionality more than six months ago, when the documentation was sparse, and what there was, was mostly wrong.

The LANNouncer siren is only about 10 seconds long, but I can easily change it to last longer, or to have one that goes until stopped. Perhaps we should poll for feature changes. :wink:

Hi, Kevin.

Start with the tests in the webpage. Then you can determine if the connection is working.

As for it stopping at taking an image, no idea, but installing catlog and catching the exception should give a good clue.

So you can send commands from the browser, but not from SmartHome? Or what is the problem you’re seeing?

It would be great if it can go until stopped from the app for example, or according to SHM. I am planning on installing tablets with lannouncer and smarttiles with 2 on each floor. So it would serve as both my siren and home control and if the siren can be set to be longer it would be extremely helpful, also I won’t have to buy an actual siren :grin:

Hi Tony. Yes, nothing comes through when sent from the DH. It does work from browser (same router). Could you point me in the right direction for troubleshooting?

Thank you for your time!!!

Exact same result here.

How do i get the premium to enable Wan support?

Hey all, after a lot of near-constant travel, I’m back. Apologies for the low profile.

@gkl_sf, @kevin Would one of you please install catlog or similar so I can get a sense of what killed it?

@ZebraBlinds I will add that continuous siren in the next release.

1 Like

If nothing else, please consider making a paid/donate version in the Play store.

@NWTony Hi and thanks! Lannouncer is an indispensable app in my SmartThings configuration. Recently, I’ve run into a strange problem where just one of my Android phones is not working for only “speak” functionality.

Consider, two phones from the same manufacturer running the same Android 6.0.1 MM, both with Lannouncer 2.03.28. Testing performed from the ST Device Screen. “Speak” does not work on one device; perfectly good on the other. On the failing device, the log shows no event occurring. On both devices, all other tests but speak, e.g. siren, pic, chime, work great.

Can you point me in a direction to debug? Thanks again.

@CAL7 In the SmartThings device configuration, ensure “Say Nothing” is checked.

Curious. In the device that works, it was checked; in the non-working device, it was not. So I figured I was on track for success. Checked it, but nothing. Here is the Lannouncer event log. I hear the siren and tone/chime but no speak sound. Any other suggestions?