Android app status

Yeah, I’m not super impressed with the TestFlight beta.

Well, hopefully all it is is a distribution method that provides them some systems specs. Supports says the APK will be uploaded “very soon”

I logged in, downloaded the app, and it isn’t showing the SmartThings app. The only one I see is an iOS app I tested a while back.

Ditto. Waiting for the upload…

They remind me of that girl that teases you a lot but never actually puts out :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not saying that I expect anything more because I paid for dinner months ago, but…

Anyone see it yet?

Nope. I e-mailed the address that the latest e-mail said to use, betaprogram@smartthings.com. That bounced.

I emailed Ben Edwards back directly.

Ditto. Facebook login didn’t work, google was fine…oops, scratch that.

I got this response once they fixed the betaprogram e-mail address (thanks for the quick work there!):

The TestFlight build should become available shortly. Currently how it works is that you have to accept a TestFlight invitation before we push out an app build to you, so we're almost there.

So, they may be waiting for the majority of the people they invited to signup to reduce the workload of rolling it out.

Let me know how it goes. I am supposed to be part of the beta but I haven’t gotten the testflight invite yet.

Testflight should give them loads of information about crash or odd behavior so they can troubleshot issues. At least it gives that type of information for iOS development.

Have you guys successfully installed the SmartThings app yet?

Nope. Actually, the TestFlight app hasn’t even loaded up for me in about 45 minutes.

To make matters worse, I got the mail the app is actually out for download…but now TestFlight has bombed and we can’t even get it.

yeah, no joy for me, either

Wow, I thought it was just me. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the TestFlight app nearly a dozen times. If SmartThings had released it 30 minutes earlier, I would be playing with it right now. Instead, I have to wait for TestFlight to get back up. They should have used the Google Play Beta program.

Woulda coulda shoulda as my old man used to say…

So have you guys been able to get into the forum?