Android app new versión 1.7.65.43

Today I have installed the new android app update 1.7.65.43 dated April 27th.
In principle I have not seen anything new, I have not noticed that it goes faster or slower. In the update notes it says that it has new functions and improvements in the menu, but I have not seen anything new so far.

What I have noticed is the following and I don’t know if it has to do with the app.
I took the opportunity to restart the router and the hub. Before turning off the hub, I have deactivated the secure mode, in case it improves the reconnection of the devices.
After about 2 minutes, when the router was already in use, I connected the hub.
In just over 1 minute I was online, green led.
I have opened the app and all the devices are shown offline.
I look at IDE and they are all online. Checking multiple zigbees, I see that the connection path has changed on all of them and they show up as direct connection to the hub, no repeaters.
After about 10 minutes all sensors except motion sensors and the water valve are displayed online. Everyone at IDE is online.
After about 30 minutes they are still the same offline in app and online IDE.
Once they detect movement, they connect and are already shown online. I close and open the valve with the manual button and it also goes online.

Resume:

• The zigbee mesh is rebuilt by turning off the hub only 3 minutes, not with 20 or more necessary before. I think this will be for the new version zigbee hub 5.2.1.
  • The zwave mesh has also changed. Fixed 3 times from app gave error on a device. I have repaired it from the IDE utilities and it has corrected fine.
  • The app can show devices offline for a long time, that in the IDE they are online and that as soon as an event occurs on the device the app shows it again online.

UPDATE: To show the complete history, you have to continue unchecking and marking something in the filter and click on done to update it.

Final conclusion: If it works, don’t touch anything!

1 Like

Have yet to get the update.

I downloader from Google play store

It is in neither app stores for me.

I dont know what’s been going on with smartthings but the last few weeks my sengled light strips have been constantly disconnecting from the network. Many times I had to delete & re add back. It’s been a real PITA. After reading this I dis get the update today & just rebooted the hub. 2 light strips are only a year & a half old & the other one is maybe a year old.

The app update notice suggests that if your phone is set to Korean or US English you can now use Bixby to trigger SmartTag sounds. And that is basically it.

That sounds more like it should be a Bixby update than an app update.

1 Like

STILL NOT INCLUDED
A link to device automations from the devices page :frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning: sooo damned annoying

2 Likes

Bixby is very limited in its options and just crashes on my S10, waste of space