Android app 1.7.59.23

Updated the app to the latest version 2 minutes ago, here are my 3 Scenes what I usually use from my phones’s home screen… @blake.arnold

After going to the app, no Scenes are listed. Going out and in Scenes are listed again. Is there any QC/QA at Samsung for this app?

2 Likes

I still can’t bring myself to come up with a good use case for this in Android Auto, especially since I can do it hands free with any one of my voice assistants.

What I wish ST would do with their precious developers is prioritize what’s important to work on, like improving app performance, enabling device and location selection in their Alexa and Google integrations, and giving us the ability to see which Automation a device is used in.

8 Likes

I have a couple vefy good use cases on mine especially knowing how the send notification works now. Ironically my car is actually in the shop most of this week for maintenance so I can’t play with it.

That said im glad. (that im not urged to try out the new feature) The scenes are VERY broken in the. 59.23 version - enough that I had to rollback to the previous version. Im currently doing some extensive scdne maintenance and I flat out couldn’t get to them.

@blake.arnold, @Brad_ST if the problem is bad enough for me to roll back (and yes rollback fixed me) you guys need to stop this version deployment and get a fix out ASAP. You’re about to have a ton of very pissed off users this morning as the rollout hits GA on Google Play.

5 Likes

The nursing automatons is use for my daughter didnt work last night.

Unfortunately, I doubt that has to do with the app version Dom, thats controlled by the back end. (which BTW is still listed as degraded on the status page for the US)

Thanks @nathancu. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

1 Like

I have just updated my app. I couldn’t resist it. Curiously the app itself offered an update from the Galaxy Store. Although the app was preinstalled on my phone, the updates have always came from Google Play as the Galaxy Store has never previously shown a version for my phone.

I am pleased to see that the STHM Armed (Away) status is now being processed by the Rules API. I can’t see why there would be any relationship to the app so I guess this is just a coincidence.

SmartThings Find is really struggling to display the correct map on the dashboard card. Again I don’t know if that can be put down to the mobile app. Update: That seems to have sorted itself out.

2 Likes

To me it looks like all the scenes not dealing with location mode are deleted, all those left to be are scenes changing location mode. And the ones that only changing lights are gone.

@blake.arnold please help to see what’s going on

That seems to match what I remember… I have a TON of lighting scenes.

Got to play around in my car yesterday and today a bit and I would agree its on the slow side but to me there is (almost) no difference between the app and the android auto interface (once loaded). Android Auto in general takes a second to load apps for me, but once ST was loaded I would say the execution time was close to what I experience in my app.

For me the arm/disarm functionality is moot since I have presence and WiFi connectivity working through webcore for that. For me I think monitoring certain contact sensors and managing large lighting groups are what I would end up using it for.

1 Like

I know exactly what mine’s for…

I’ll use it for arrival/departure and overrides for the exterior lights, security system and garage doors. In fact I’ll probably have that panel up most of the time near the house when driving the good ol Exploder… I don’t go anywhere anymore without Android Auto running. Heck I don’t even set the onboard stereo stations or time anymore because of Android Auto - annoys the devil out of my wife.

Look forward to when they fix Scenes so I can try it… :wink:

1 Like

How can you see it is processed by the rules api?

Simply because I have a Rule in place that was waiting for it to start working (it used to only trigger on Armed (Stay) and Disarmed) and that changes a device on my dashboard.

@orangebucket Ok confused… where do you see that? I webcore, in the app? Does it say rules api anywhere?

Also if it is rules api, does it mean it is local?

Updated this morning. We have 3 x Home members: myself, my wife, and my daughter. We all have location turned on, but when setting an automation using our phones as “presence sensors” using our phones locations we get the message “only member who have shared their location are shown above” and it doesn’t let us pick any of our phones. This automation was set up and working before the update but has now disappeared and we can’t re-add it because it’s broken as described above. ST please FIX asap!!!

1 Like

How much time does it take to load? I gave up after 5 minutes I believe. (I counted the first 60 seconds…)

1 Like

I’ll time it next time but it was not anywhere near 5 minutes for me. It was within a minute for sure.

Has anyone noticed that color control has been changed for IKEA bulbs (ZLL RGB Bulb) as well?

The color picker is absolutely out of sync from the color what the bulb produces. I have had a scene to set the color of the bulb to a nice warm color, now it produces and ugly reddish color. Yesterday it was working normally the same way how it was working for more than a year, today not… WTF…

Made a few stops on the way home. Each time after car was on, clicked over to the android auto tab, smarthings app. Average load time was about 8 seconds for the app to show items and another second or two to update the data for those items.

Mine was very responsive. Granted app was already open but once I clicked on the garage door item in android auto it executed in the same time frame as the app would have. A little over a second from button press in car to action from door.