Android 2.3.5 - Release Notes

Oh, how nice! In an effort to fix the battery drain they ‘unfixed’ the Galaxy S8…Where is the sdk for 2.3.5? Fantastic!

Well at least its not 30% like I was getting before the “fix”

1 Like

I’m staying on 2.3.5 until at least 2.3.9 LMAO!

2 Likes

True but is 3x more battery use for me :smile:

I lazily clicked on the SmartApps tab expecting to wait but it loaded right up… what happened?? lol

I’m stay put on 2.3.1 on my Note 5 running Android 7. Ain’t no way I’m updating until this release starts seeing some positive feedback.

3 Likes

Hi Brad, are there any further updates being done on the Android side? Several people have complained that the 2.3.7 update still has issues and everyone else including myself, either rolled back to 2.3.1 or are stuck in between on 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 waiting for a final update and resolution from ST.

Thanks

2 Likes

I was informed that Android application does not allow “valueTiles” to perform any actions.

Was that always a case? Is that a bug? Tapping valueTiles that have “action:” assigned works fine on iOS.

Can anyone that used previous version of Android app confirm it did/didn’t work in previous versions"

I see changed to camera image capture with 2.3.7. The image is now tag to the history event time. Nice but only if my ST app doesn’t crash at every click.

2.3.7 targets the battery drain and large icons in hero tiles. If you’re still experiencing either of those, or other issues, please let support know.

1 Like

I can confirm that ST’s 2.3.1 release broke it. Prior to that release valueTile’s actions worked.just fine.

1 Like

Why I have no idea, but I went ahead and updated… (for your reference, Request #350564)

• App still crashed opening a regular zwave switch device
  • Hero tile icons are somewhat normal, but now some as super small and text is super large

• and battery dropped 6% in the last 20 minutes in which the only thing I’ve done is update the ST app.
1 Like

I actually quite enjoyed the larger icons of the previous release. Now they’ve made them tiny again. Not sure why everyone was so unhappy with larger icons.

Since my reply to you above, 2.3.7 has crashed a dozen times doing things like just sitting the doing nothing, trying to open a SmartApp, and trying to open a device. Oh, and my battery has dropped ANOTHER 10%…

Looks like I’m going back to 2.3.1 (again)…

I have the exact same problem. Hopefully there will be a hot fix soon.

Thanks for the confirmation, I hope SmartThings will fix this as I use this functionality for refreshing the values (instead of separate refresh button)

@Brad_ST, @slagle - valueTiles not performing actions is a big issue for some DTH - I’ve sent email to support about this. When can we expect a fix?

1 Like

Just my 2p:

Moto Z Play (UK)
2.3.5 - fine
2.3.6 - fine
2.3.7 - fine

Although I’ve only got about 10 devices total, so I’m not expecting much.

Rev 2.3.7 is totally useless. Big or small icons are nice to have but the status should be correct. A lot of information are different in the overview or if I open the “device”. Presence sensors are all unavailable at the moment.

If 2.3.7 is so crappy, please go back to 2.3.1 in play store. That makes totally no sense.

Please fix this
Thanks

Same problem, “Things” overview and device are not in sync

I believe I will go back to 2.3.1

And no statement from Smartthings. Are they still working on a fix or do they believe everything is fine?