Android 2.3.0 - Release Notes

Yep looks like an oversight rather than an intentional feature. @slagle how can we feed this back? Clearly fonts are not taking into account the dpi like they used to.

1 Like

So, now with my thermostats, I CANNOT see the actual temperature set, only the current temperature. So, have no idea what temp I am increasing or decreasing. Any way to fix this

1 Like

I’m having two major problems that may be related to this new version release…

1. Can’t See Thermostat Setpoint
As with @DR_C immediately above, the Setpoint is no longer visible in my Thermostat Device Handler.

2. Camera Preset Buttons Gone
The buttons representing my camera’s presets are gone, and so I can’t change where it’s pointing.
In my case, this is a HUGE problem, because this cam reboots pretty much daily, and when it comes up, there’s no way to make it automatically go to the correct place. So, I have to go into the DH for it in the ST app, and click the appropriate preset button.

Of course, there is the web admin interface I can use as well, but that’s only available in IE on Windows (neither of which I have on my Android phone). :frowning:

3. Hue Iris DH Wonky
Since I’m using a modified DH for the Hue Iris lights, I can’t tell exactly what’s going on, but something looks different in there now, and I can no longer adjust the saturation (I thin that’s what it’s called).

Does anybody have any ideas on what may be causing these problems, and/or how to fix them?

Can you tell me how you setup the temp probe? I would like to put one in my swimming pool.

For me, Green means regular on/off light switches or on/off GE plug, Blue means Dimmer light switches

Rick

More info: New Color Theme in ST App?

So. Is anyone else’s Phillips Hue lights completely unresponsive to Smartthings since the update?

All my strips are working fine.
No issues at all.
I’m not using a bridge if that is significant.

@slagle, this is getting ridiculous:

3 Likes

I just got off a chat with support. I had a custom device handler for (RBoy apps) which while it always worked before. Seems the upgrade has caused an issue. They were able to go in and put the default device handler in for my thermostat. I see the setpoint now, BUT, not as many features as my custom device handler had.

I imagine RBoy will fix it eventually…but for now I can at least see my set points and adjust if I need to.

1 Like

I just got off a chat with support. I had a custom device handler for (RBoy apps) which while it always worked before. Seems the upgrade has caused an issue. They were able to go in and put the default device handler in for my thermostat. I see the setpoint now, BUT, not as many features as my custom device handler had.

I imagine RBoy will fix it eventually…but for now I can at least see my set points and adjust if I need to.

I don’t expect developers to fix something ST has broken. Text/Rendering issues have plagued the mobile app for a very long time…

3 Likes

My hue is completely unresponsive as well. All of them work from the Hue App, but are not working from ST. In the logging i get null number format exception for the bridge:

‎5‎:‎07‎:‎00‎ ‎PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “null” @ line 645
5‎:‎07‎:‎00‎ ‎PM: debug poll()

The most FRUSTRATING part of this is that the BETA version released to the community for testing worked FINE atleast with all RBoy DTHs and that something I specifically tested so ensure that something like this doesn’t happen. So obviously the Android product team decided to make some changes AFTER the Beta version released to the community and into the production release WITHOUT sending it to the community for testing. So what’s the point of BETA testing @Aaron and @Joe-UK? Looks like all that effort was a total waste IMHO.

Edit: I think the Android team should recall this release and either release the old version or the BETa version that was tested by the community. It’s high time they got their act together.

4 Likes

I’m not really sure how long this has been an issue in the Android SmartThings app, but the SmartThings mobile app is missing the ability to delete a configured time from a SmartApp. The function exists and works on the iOS app.

I’ve submitted a bug report to supprt. Support request #329459

Are you still seeing the issue on 2.3.1? If so, please submit a bug report and DM the ticket number.

What was fixed in 2.3.1? I’m still seeing major text/icon rendering issues just like I posted above…

2 Likes

We fixed a crasher and corrected text sizes in an Android 2.3.1 hot fix. It’s available in the play store now

I’m on 2.3.1 build 211001, and still have those text issues on all my phones…

2 Likes

@Aaron, I can also confirm it’s still the same on all my phones.

1 Like