An Update Regarding our Hardware

yes, you need to know your shit and be able to stand up to a seller if they do try something shady. even though a seller says ‘no returns’, ebay still has the a-z guarantee and when you bring something shady to a sellers attention they will either give you a partial refund or full refund as they dont want to be banned from the ebay seller platform. when it comes to warranties, just about everything on ebay that is resold comes without one.

1 Like

Hi @Jake_Mohl, I remember seeing water sensors, motion, and open/close sensors. There were also outlets.

2 Likes

I got the last two multi sensors this afternoon. They still had a couple water sensors, a motion sensor, a button and a couple WiFi plugs.

1 Like

I use IKEA buttons (2 button version) and love them. Plus they are cheap. I have to use automations if I want to make use of all available button options… But it’s worth it to me.

Have been using the square 2 button ikeas for about 6 months and they are All now trending to greater battery use, down to days in some cases. Changed yet another yesterday after 7 days. All reputable batteries of several brands!
In the process of tossing them :exploding_head:

I have noticed that I get battery alerts on mine but they seem false. The first time I got one I pulled the battery and tested it, still on over 80%, so I just ignore the alerts until the button doesn’t work anymore. I think I’ve actually changed 1 dead battery Ina year and a half.

Yes I have seen that behaviour also.
However, my comments still apply as I have tested the batteries after the button actually dies and I do test the batteries and the tester say 0%, othen just over 2 volts. Since my previous post another has died in 21 days ( 4meters in line of sight of hub). Another died in 10 days in December, another in 20 days, 1.8v and 1.9v.
Sometimes they still show 87% and die, in one or 2 of these removing and replacing has worked but they will still only last at most 2 weeks.
Have now taken 4 out of service and have another 5 that are on the way.
These all lasted up to 6 months initially.
Hue dimmers (direct to ST hub), 5 button Ikeas and ST buttons (which of course I cannot get anymore) have no battery life issues.

Yet another ikea 2 button down. Newly set up 2 months ago, stopped working, ST showed 100%, battery tested at 0%, 1.9volt. Now 6 discarded !

This is old, but I just saw it today. Official blog article about the new partnership:

Tagging @jkp @Automated_House

1 Like

Nice find. I wonder how firmware updates for hubs will be handled, but something on my mind more and more is a backup/restore/migration tool. My v2 hub is surviving, but I would like to eventually move to newer hardware. The thought of redoing everything is daunting and I would love to see Aeotec bring a migration tool/solution to reality for users.

3 Likes

As long as my V2 survives, no way in hell I’m “downgrading” to a V3!

1 Like

The very previous post Get ready to make the switch! | SmartThings
" he new app has an improved user experience. It gives our consumers the ability to control and integrate with thousands of Samsung TVs and appliances, as well as thousands of devices within the SmartThings ecosystem. Some older, rarely used features will be deprecated, and new features are rolling out over the next several months. Today, many of the features from SmartThings Classic are now included in the [new SmartThings app]"

Does this sound like what we currently have, so far?

1 Like

does Sonos and SmartLighting smart app work with the new aeotech smartthings hub? i think someone posted above they dont?!

The Aeotec hub is IDENTICAL in every way to a v.3 hub. (They’re just rebadged v.3s) So if it works in your locale with a v.3 hub it works with an Aeotec. So I’m very careful to not say it works - it works if you aren’t in an area where those features are not region locked.

i have a v2 hub and everything work, so safe to assume the Aeotec would work fine then?

Different systems will work for different people, but while Samsung is no longer going to sell or support a Smartthings branded hub, they have entered into a partnership with Aeotec, and at least in the first generation it is identical to the previous V3 smartthings hub except for the logo. So far it is available in both the US and the UK.

So it’s another choice for people who like the SmartThings line. it won’t be the best choice for everyone, but choice is good. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Australia has pre-orders live now

1 Like

Never got a code for a discounted hub. What a sham Samsung has been… Can they do anything right? I have like 5 emails from them about how my older hub at my rental property is being made obsolete and that I have a discounted model waiting on me, but never sent me the stupid discount code!!!

Does anyone know if Aeotec have plans to make the arrival sensors?

Also, the ‘play sound’ option in the app hasn’t worked since we were forced over to the new app, there’s some old posts about it on the forum but never resolved.

It’s not on the list of devices that they’ve announced. :disappointed_relieved: