[Successfully Funded] An Echo for CoRE's Developer!

Continuing the discussion from [RELEASE] Ask Alexa:

UPDATE: Since the goal of this thread was achieved, if you’d like to continue contributing to either developers’ Pay Pal accounts, you can use one or both of the following:

For CoRE developer, Adrian C @ PayPal.Me

For Ask Alexa developer, Michael Struck @ PayPal.Me

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

…Since Adrian doesn’t have a Pay Pal account, @MichaelS has volunteered to collect and order the Echo for @ady624 , if enough money is collected to purchase one for him! It is a small contribution from the community, for all the effort that Adrian has put into building the soon to be released - Community’s own Rule Engine. If you’d like to contribute, please donate at:

When making a contribution to this initiative, please add a note, in the “special instruction to seller” box (see picture below) so that Michael knows the money is for Adrian’s Echo

Thanks everyone!

8 Likes

I’m in… common people… let’s go…

2 Likes

Very cool! Count me in!

Both @MichaelS and @ady624 do some amazing work for this community!

$25

4 Likes

Enjoy :slight_smile: thanks for all the effort!

3 Likes

Yep, I’m in too.

3 Likes

Thank you guys. @SBDOBRESCU thank you. I do have a PayPal account, added it to the CoRE thread. Thank you all for your effort. I think this will be the first SmartApp to SmartApp interface in the ST world? :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you @slagle. Can you please help with something that started happening about 7-10 days ago on Android? When the parent app is the same as the child app (which is what CoRE is using), exiting a child app by tapping Done gets you out all the way to the SmartApps list, does not return to the main parent app which would display the list of child apps. Also, on iOS, when tapping on CoRE from the marketplace, it opens a random child app, not the parent app. :wink: can you please help? Thank you!

1 Like

I opened a ticket on this as well @slagle

1 Like

So far I have collected about $160…I can transfer it to you if these were all for your Alexa, or I can get you an Amazon gift card, or whatever you need…let me know…

Thanks to everyone in the community that contributed…I just counted everything that was sent since yesterday when @SBDOBRESCU posted…If some of this was directly for me, no worries…Let’s get Adrian his Echo!!!

3 Likes

Wow, thank you guys. Should I still say “you shouldn’t have”? You can transfer it if you want, I’ll go ahead and order an Echo now. My wife will be SPOOKED to have someone listen to her the whole day. And I’ll get my revenge! :slight_smile:

Can you PM me your PayPal account and I will get that sent over. I am still getting contributions, so let me do this…I will send you $180, the total for a new Echo and we will call is square!

Great community here!

3 Likes

I just went in for $15, I would have gifted it donated directly to adrian had I read @MichaelS post 4 minutes ago

Edit: I updated the thread name.

2 Likes

No worries…We have enough now…no need to contribute for that…however, if you are a fan of both CoRE and Ask Alexa, feel free to contribute to either or both of us individually. My account is https://www.paypal.me/mstruck

3 Likes

Oh boy oh boy, this community really has some dire needs, eh? :slight_smile: Thank you all again, just orderd an Echo right now, should arrive on Wednesday.

My paypal is https://www.paypal.me/ady624

Thank you all again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

$180 is on its way to you now…may make it a bit more to cover fees and shipping (If there is any).

1 Like

And it is sent ($185)…enjoy it…let me know if you have issues installing Ask Alexa.

4 Likes

Thank you. Yeah, I’ve already ordered it and also got Prime and then got free shipping (two-day). Coming on Wednesday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have no words for this community other than, IT IS THE BIGGEST FAMILY OF HOME AUTOMATION FANATICS, as media likes to call us.

Thank you all for your prompt response and contributions. And many thanks to @MichaelS and @ady624 and all other community developers who pour their hearts and souls into helping the Smartthings community!!!

4 Likes

Fanatics is not making it justice. Just sayin’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in for $20 for now :wink:

3 Likes