Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera?

Which camera model are you using?

Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P

I have that model as well and the PTZ controls are working for me. Does is work sporadically or not at all? Did you check the IDE logs? Are the request getting back before a timeout?

Looks.like it’s getting sent. I’m also unable to get the MJPEG stream working. Only the RTSP one. Must be some setting I’m missing.

Hi @JvH,

It looks like you are sending a PTZ request, but you are sending it to the RTSP port?? Can you try changing it to your HTTP port (80, unless you are mapping 80 for external access)?

Agreed. I have 2 and they are pretty much plug in, quick configure and then leave alone. They also integrate into larger systems like Blue Iris.

I had some scratching in my attic so I unplugged, unscrewed the holder, took it into the attic, plugged in and even though the attic is pitch black, I could see what the problem was clear as day. The micro SD slot will allow you to store video locally and download via web.

About the scratching, was a squirrel called itself moving in. Threw some mothballs up there and I guess it decided not to stay.

Been watching this thread for a while and just over the past month, there have been a slew of brand new forum users flocking to this thread to proclaim their love of this “amcrest security” camera… always in lower case and never commenting on any other threads. Either this thing is really really popular with new users or… :stuck_out_tongue:

Will this work with the 1080p amcrest POE camera’s? I see everyone here using wifi camera’s…obviously I still need the Amcrest POE NVR, correct?

If you have a POE you will need the non NVR units.

How come? Can’t I just select which channel to access via editing the setting of the “AcrestCAM01” Camera Channel: 1 and Video Channel: 1…will this work? Just typing in my amcrestddns.com server addresss and my TCP port?

Will your current or upcoming smartApp work with the Amcrest IPM-HX1W?

Yes, it should… unless they updated the firmware to only accept digest authentication.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Using your template I can display my Amcrest IPM723S stream in my ActionTiles.

Glad it helped.

Be careful about firmware updates! The last one I saw for my camera removed MPEG, which would break this completely. And I haven’t looked into whether it’d be possible to downgrade.

And not that you asked for this, but I’ve moved from ActionTiles (back when it was known as SmartTiles) to http://thehomeremote.com/. Ultimately it was more powerful and worked better for me, even though it does take a little bit more time to learn and setup. One of those trade-offs, with more power comes more complexity.

I am trying to set up IPM-HX1W camera ( i have 8 of thouse) with ST and code you provided and no luck. Anything I should do different for this camera - IPM-HX1W,
Software Version2.420.AC00.15.R, build : 2016-09-08

WEB Version3.2.1.377299

ONVIF Version2.42

I got it to a point where camera takes a snap shot, but no live video. Is there a fix?

I’d take a look at the thread below. Once digest authentication became a requirement, I’ve only been able to get RTSP to work. I have a beta version working with digest if you want to give it a go. Just send me a PM. It’s slow but works for me.

What port is the default? Should this work from a web browser?

Can you provide step by step details how you did this as I would like to do the same

First off: If You’ve updated your firmware, they’re removed the feature.

It does work in most browsers. I only tried with chrome, edge, and firefox. I don’t know the default (and it looks like I’d have to reset my camera to find out). You’ll be able to find it in the amcrest settings. Looks like this:

You’ll need to port forward for access outside your LAN.