Amazon Wand Free after 20 credit

Right now timers are assigned to the individual device that took the request. You can’t use any other Alexa device to turn off that timer, which can indeed be annoying. I think you can turn it off from the app, but I don’t remember.

@kevin That’s interesting that it can’t do timers. That does sound like it’s probably a battery saving issue.

1 Like

Yes, you can use the companion app to “cancel” the timer.

1 Like

If that is often a concern, and that is common in a “living room” or office setting, you may consider an Echo remote and pair it to a “specific” device. This is recommended for rooms where there may be a lot of back ground noise, or a person has diminished voice projection. They are $30 from Amazon. They work VERY well for this use case.

1 Like

I just checked the Amazon warehouse deals and they have some of these used for $10.00 maybe worth a shot.

1 Like

I’ll just ass-u-me that you have not looked at the AmazonFresh prices. Frozen whole chicken " on sale" this week for $9/lb . Steaks are on special for $18-$23lb for Fathers Day BBQ. . $7lb for ground chicken , $6lb for 80% ground beef.

Wow. Nope never tried amazon fresh, and I guess I won’t anytime soon.

Anyone see a way to have items added to the alexa shopping list instead of the cart?

Here is a start. It can be confusing - to quote a great one @JDRoberts “choice is good” and I agree but it does add complexity.

1 Like

Wow, reviews for this device at Amazon are really mixed. This is the first Alexa device I’ve seen that didn’t have a four and a half star rating. This one is barely over two.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Dash-Wand-With-Alexa/dp/B01MQMJFDK/

The 1-2 start reviews I read were mostly related to people that had Bluetooth issues and couldn’t get it set up,

I think that’s mostly because the way you have to set up the wand keeps crashing the Amazon app, I had to try a three times before I got it to work. However, once setup, the wand works pretty well.

Got this and I find the scanner useless. I thought that I would be able to use it to add stuff to the shopping list but it adds it to the Amazon Shopping Cart at outrageous prices. Freaking $10.99 for some syrup!

Also thought I would be able to use it to scan something and it tell me what it is…

The voice works well though. Played around with it just walking around the house telling Alexa to turn this or that on/off and it never missed a beat.

For hand held Alexa, great!

For kitchen grocery shopping…Sux

3 Likes

I knew before I ordered that it would only be good for things we already order from Amazon. Just like the original Dash button, don’t need 20 buttons around the house. ( Not that we regularly order 20 things from Amazon. )
Telling Alexa to re-order dog treats can be a bit messy when there are 4 different ones we order semi-regularly. So now I can just scan UPC on bag.

3 Likes

Got my Amazon Wand today. So far so good. It’s good overall and not sure how much I’ll use it long term. I’ll probably keep it on the fridge for now and see where it ends up for my lifestyle. I already have a dots and a tap around the house.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure how useful one would be then I was out on the patio and wanted to change the color of the Minispots. It now has a home on the patio. The magnet holds it nicely to the umbrella pole.
I wish they scanner could be turned off. I guess tape will suffice for now

2 Likes

Until Amazon starts Drone beer delivery. grab the last can out of the cooler, scan in and another case arrives before you finish it :wink:

2 Likes

Did anyone else have trouble actually getting the $20 credit?

It did not show up on my account.

I spoke with Amazon and they said so sorry and then said that it was then applied to account.

I just did my first order and the credit is showing as $3.97

Maybe I will return the dash wand.

I got my credit and it automatically shows up when I add something to my cart using Amazon as the seller. It shows Dash Credit $20.

Just got notice they will be back in stock, shipped by July 7th.

Sounds to me like the other $16.03 was applied to another order.

@RLDreams

Thanks for the tip.

I callled and they said that there was a problem, they had to manually zero out the cost of the last 2 items I purchased to use up the $20 credit.

1 Like