Amazon Prime Day - June 21-22, 2021

I don’t know what “look to be” means in this context.

The published specifications say they are good for anything below 15 A.

The EP10 is indeed rated slightly higher.

Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini | Kasa Smart

The maximun load of Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini is 15A. Therefore, it can be safely matched with more devices, such as heaters and hair dryers.

A good example of why you should always check the exact specifications for any device you are buying. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the link… Was mainly going off some older reviews on Amazon where some were quoting the 103 only having a tech spec of 1200 watts - and concern for controlling things like space heaters. I notice the newer specs you linked to now say “NEW VERSION” LOL!

1 Like

Cosori is offering a special deal on their Alexa-enabled Air Fryer/Convection Oven which is available now. $169, which is ten dollars better than their usual $20 off coupon. I’m not saying you’ll never see this at a cheaper price, but this is definitely a good price.

Here’s a video review which will give you a good idea of the size and how the Alexa commands work.

On some models you will have to press the start/cancel button before it will accept an Alexa command. That’s supposed to be a safety feature, apparently UL is recommending it now. The button is quite easy to push, So it should work for most people. Someone who is blind will probably want to add some kind of sticker so they can be sure they pushed the right button. But once you do that, you can set all the controls with one Alexa command, like “Alexa, bake at 350° for 45 minutes.“ You will also get a notification when it’s done.

Although this is about the same size as a large microwave, it’s important to remember that it will, like a convection oven, get hot on all sides. So you should never set anything on top of it and you need to have counter space which is not underneath a cabinet.

I’ve used one briefly at a friend’s house to make sure I could push the start button, and I really liked it. We’ve just ordered one on the sale, so I’ll post more if we run into any issues with it after it arrives.

Integration with smartthings would be through Alexa routines. Again with the understanding that you might have to physically push a button on it first.

As a wheelchair user, this solves a lot of issues for me because the regular oven is just very challenging to use, and not everything tastes good coming out of the microwave.

Wasn’t sure if anybody else has been looking for this kind of smart device, but thought I’d mention it. :sunglasses:

Note that the “accessories” this comes with are just the regular crumb tray, broiling pan, and the rotisserie holder. If you want the muffin pan and the round pizza pan you have to spend another $20 and order them as an add-on.

3 Likes

Meross Prime Day deals run from June 21-27 so check back then

1 Like

Let some of the fun begin…

1 Like

Not sure if anyone Will be interested in this because in some ways it’s the worst of both worlds, too technical for non-techie people and too easily created in other ways for very techie people. But there are some people in the middle who like it, and this is the lowest price I’ve ever seen.

Before getting to that, though, I should say that I think matter is going to make this mostly irrelevant for devices which are new to the market. But it might still be useful for Integration with Devices that you already own which don’t become Matter-compliant.

The purpose of this device is to let you bring non-Homekit Devices into Homekit. So if you aren’t already using homekit, it’s not for you.

And if you are already using homebridge, you don’t need this.

But if you’re already using Homekit and you’ve been thinking about using homebridge but never got around to it, this might be worth considering. Just don’t expect it to be plug-and-play, it’s not, no matter what they say.

1 Like

Smart watch sales:

1 Like

Switchbot - 30% off

Innr zigbee products- most 30% off

Sonoff zigbee sensors 25% off

Sengled 20% off

Aqara 20% off

Tp-link kasa 15%-40% off

Broadlink- 15%-40% off

Note: not all items listed above work with ST natively

1 Like

The Smartest House is having a 20% off everything sale while supplies last from June 21-22

Coupon REALDEAL

1 Like

Random stuff from my shopping cart :wink:

1. Sugru moldable glue. Yes, it’s on sale! Love this stuff. Other colors are also on sale.
  1. Netgear WiFi extender with Ethernet port. Need to move a nonwifi hub close to a non zwave plus light switch to exclude/include it?

Plug the hub into the port on this and you’re all set. :sunglasses:

Very good prime day price of just under $25.

1. Meross WiFi power strip. 4 individually switchable regular outlets, 4 USB slots which are controlled as a group. Coupon box on the page will only apply to one device per order. The manufacturer offers a smartthings integration.
  1. Readable/Writeable NFC tags. 50 pieces for $11, a very good price unless you are buying hundreds.
  1. Alexa-enabled large room air purifier. $44 off Prime Day deal brings the price down to $175 when you go to check out. (Although note that replacement filters are high quality but expensive.) this size can cover a 400 ft.² room with five air changes per hour.

We have used Levoit air purifiers for several years and been very happy with them except no Alexa integration and the light is annoying at night. The new model solves both those issues.

These are quiet with excellent engineering, but not a budget brand, obviously.

There is also a smaller model which can cover 180 sq ft, prime day discount at checkout is $18, bringing the price down to $72.

These don’t have a direct smartthings integration, but you can use an Alexa routine as a simple one way intermediary.

2 Likes

Lifx Prime Day deals - save up to 33% off on select products… price reflected at checkout

1 Like

Let the returns begin… got two sonoff motion sensors… shipping them back. Total waste of my time. YMMV

1 Like

BTW, Walmart’s big sale continues until midnight 23 June (One day longer than Amazon), in case there’s a robot vacuum you haven’t looked at yet. LOL! :sunglasses:

They do have an amazingly good price of $99 for the Apple TV 4K streaming box, but it’s the one with the older model remote, so my guess is they’re trying to get rid of the inventory.

My dog wanted to mention that the Nerf Dog blaster gun with 4 yellow balls is also at an excellent price at $14.99. :wink::dog:

(This is a good toy for dogs that like to play fetch, but not for dogs that will grab the ball and then chew on it as the balls are pretty flimsy.)

(not my dog, but the expression is the same. I can’t use this because it’s a trigger mechanism, but my housemate does.)

6 Likes