Amazon Giving Up on Smartthings Power Socket?

I’ve had a couple of Smartthings Power Sockets on order from Amazon since mid January. There have been numerous issues written here and various suggestions that Samsung has given up on these. Well, it looks like Amazon has too, Just got this emailL

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

“Samsung SmartThings Power Outlet”
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LXXNGGD

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #202-8952765-8976315 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account (Your Account).

I was wanting these as repeaters so I’ll have to see what else can fill that hole.

Doesn’t fill me with confidence them stopping making them.
I emailed them about my power socket linking to the thread on here and they said it’s in extremely rare cases that happens.
They went on to say they are designed that if there was to be a problem they wouldn’t catch on fire just burn out and turn off.
I’m looking at the Hive power plug as a repeater but not sure how good they are or if it does power management.

@Paralytic The current hardware is now going on for two and a half years old. I suspect that a new version is on its way. Pretty normal activity Id say. Buy something like the Sonoff socket instead?

2 Likes

Yeah, and Argos selling their kit off half price indicates changes might be afoot.

Do Sonoff have a Zigbee reapeating socket?

@Paralytic no but if you look at your local Maplins they may still have stock of the 7.95 Foxx repeating sockets.

Maplins is in administration arnt they ?

Looks like it - no FOXX stock by the looks of it.