Am I on the right track? Planning out my first Smartthings system

“Accessory switches” are another name for add on or auxiliary switches or slave switches. These will always be cheaper than master switches.

The master switch has the zwave radio and controls the load.

The accessory switch typically just acts as a remote for its master in a 3 way setup. It may be wired (traveler wires) or wireless, but it is a simpler device and generally significantly cheaper. Each accessory switch can only be paired with its own specific master, you can’t usually mix brands.

I believe you were comparing a GE master with another brand’s add on, and that’s why the pricing seemed off.

The WT00Z-1 controls no load …

Ya, I just noticed right before you typed that the gocontrol was a accessory. So it seems like the 2gig might be a winner. I was reading the deals thread and saw the Lowes deal on switches. If you are lucky enough to catch them on clearance, which I will check out a few in the area tomorrow, they run on the Iris system. If I am reading correctly, the new version of the Iris stuff in the purple box will run with ST v2 out of the box but the Green box, older stock, will not.

2gig and gocontrol are usually literally the same model, just in a different box. Check the user manuals. If they’re the same, get whichever is cheaper. :sunglasses: