Alternative iOS presence?

What VP sensor are you using? What triggers the conditions “at home” and “away from home”?

I use [ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users

Away:

Arrive Home:

I use a lux sensor and a virtual dimmer to determine whether it’s night, daytime, twilight, etc. so you would need to modify to suit your needs

Disregard!.. Found my mistake!

For anyone having presence issues it is a good idea to check your devices in your actual Samsung account:

https://account.samsung.com/membership/contents/device/device-gate

It lists all your devices ever connected to your login, you need to look at it for all users.

What on earth is going on.
Issues with presence since updating iOS app so I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled in the hopes of sorting this. Kicked up the app and this pops up?

I go into settings, which is the ‘get location from this phone’ and it’s already selected as it’s always been.

I also use vEdge Creator as the virtual presence sensor for people in my house. I then use people’s phones as the trigger for the sensor. When Life 360 was available for presence detection, it worked great. With it gone, phone presence works great on my Android to detect presence and trigger the sensor. However, my GF’s iPhone is wonky. It will detect her departure, but never detects her arrival. Makes it hard for routines that require all members be present or when I’m not home but she is.

You mentioned in the phonetracker readme that you have an executable to run for the phonetracker… can I get that somewhere? I’m having problems with the py script. My python installation was missing the requests package. When I finally figured out how to install that, now I’m getting trace back errors. I figured it might be easier for me to just run the exe.

Disregard!.. Found my mistake!

1 Like

Hi mate I sent you a message but not sure it went through as can’t see it within my messages. Let me know if you don’t see it
Thank you.