[OBSOLETE] Lutron Connected Bulb Remote

jnowland, Can you offer a little help seeing as it appears you have this controlling another device through the hub? After connecting I am not seeing the option to associate the remote with anything. The current code has the capabilities as an Actuator which does not seem right. Any insight you can offer?

Still having he problem that LCBR keeps stealing bulbs, regardless on the different device handler I use. :frowning:

You need to pair the LCBR to SmartThings first, then pair it to bulbs. By pairing it to ST first, it should join and use the ST zigbee network instead of stealing bulbs onto a separate network.

1 Like

I do that, after I test that I can control the bulb via ST and lcbr, works for about 24-48 hoursā€¦ :frowning:

Logan

@Sticks18 can you help me decyphyer this trace catchall?

The catchall is simply a confirmation of the on/off cluster turning on. (The read attr below shows the bulb is at its max brightness ā€˜feā€™ in hex).

For the LCBR method I detailed the 2nd 4 digit section should be 0004 representing the groups cluster.

Thanks @Sticks18 , I still can see where it says 0004? I see 0008, also does it show what the endpoint ID of the bulb is?

Logan

Hi everyone. I hope this is in the right place but I canā€™t get this remote to work. I have 1 remote. 1 Cree connected bulb. The bulb shows up and works great in the app.

I copied the code, published ā€œto meā€ā€¦ now it shows up on my Device handlers list and Iā€™m stuck. Iā€™m brand new this but I got my nest working and a leaksmart sensor that I had to manually add. Those went great this. This one is confusing me. Please help and thannnks!!!

Do you mean 006? Also, the Enpoint has a letter in it, your smart app doesnā€™t allow letters in that field. Please Help?

I updated github to change that field to text. I think it will work. The endpoint on that bulb was 0B.

Thanks! And did you mean 0006?

Logan

0006 is the on/off cluster. The message with the groupId should have 0004 as the cluster. It should look like the below with 0B in place of the 01 for your bulbā€™s endpoint. The groupId in this example is DD3B:

trace catchall: 0104 0004 01 01 0000 00 E305 01 00 0000 02 01 0701DD3B

Thanks Iā€™ll try!

Logan

Any reason to keep the lutron app installed after getting the group to update on the destination bulb(s)?

Yes. I coded the app to remove the groupId from bulbs no longer selected in the app, so you could add and remove them over time. It will remove the groupId from all bulbs when uninstalled as well.

Iā€™m feeling a little overwhelmed here. In form factor, I think the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote looks like a perfect solution for controlling smart bulbs. I have a few OSRAM Lightify bulbs connected directly to ST. Can I simply connect the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote to ST and then have it control my bulbs?

Okay. I see that now. Too many other languages in the noggin to learn another at the moment. Only issue I see with this entire approach is that the LIghtify modual does not appear to notify ST of a change of state, but I may not be waiting long enough either. Not a big deal in this instance (under-cabinet lighting) but would love to see ST open up the architecture a bit.

Follow Sticks18ā€™s process starting from December '15. You will need a compatible connected bulb to pair directly to the remote and a custom device handler to query the messages to know what values to add to the application he wrote. May dig into this a bit more and see if there is some way to do this as an all-in-one approach instead of requiring debugging output to query values over the long weekend coming up.

Adding the exact entry link for easier finding:

I figured it out thanks to your help Scott. Found that the group id of my remote was 1E1B, however the pairing process didnā€™t seem to work with my centralite zigbee plug in lamp module.

What was the support level the object needed for the LCBR? Was it at least ZHA1.2?

Logan

Pairing directly to the remote requires ZLL. Using my method only requires support for the Groups cluster, which most ZigBee HA devices do.

If you log into the IDE and click the ā€˜My Devicesā€™ tab, then click on your centralite ZigBee plug in module and look at the row ā€˜Raw Descriptionā€™ you should see 0004 cluster listed. If not, then it wonā€™t work; otherwise it should. Might be a distance issue for the remote.