All Z-wave devices stopped working - Help!

@JDRoberts thanks a lot! I installed the driver, switched all the switches drivers to the new drivers by going into the option of each switch. The deleted the old driver in the hub options. And finally ran a repair. Everything works perfectly!!!

1 Like

Where do you run a repair?

This same issue happened to me on Monday. All 10 of my GE switches stopped working with smarthings. I have them in so many routines I’m hesitant to delete and read them.

two places to run a z-wave repair:

1. use the ST app. find and open your hub, tap on the 3 dots, select Settings, open z-wave utilities to find z-wave repair
  2. use the Advanced Web App go to the hubs section, tap on the name of your hub to find z-wave repair

what driver are you using for them? You may want to switch them to the following driver once you get them back online. Best method may be to power cycle them or reboot the hub (found in the Advanced Web App linked above).

A lot to unpack here.

I went to the Advanced Web App- saw my hub, all my devices, tried doing a repair and got an error: “Error starting Z-Wave Repair for hub “Home Hub”. 422 The request is malformed. /request/b0bb9fab-b457-45c1-9350-9a951b817f82/zwave/repair/start: Hub Offline”

I tried to reboot and got a similar error.

I know the hub is online because I can access it fine in the app and control devices that are not his GE Switch.

color of the led on the front of the hub?

you may want to try powering cycling the hub if the led light is green (which indicates online and connected)

Hmmm. No LED. Tried unplugging and plugging in several times. Doesn’t light up. But I can access it in the app… strange.

no z-wave devices, no led but the hub is active. You may want to go ahead and contact ST support at this point.

scan through the Advanced Web App for the hub… just see if anything stands out. is z-wave functional, etc? But Support is probably your best option.

power cycle the z-wave devices… pull air tag on the switches.

1 Like

Ok I’ll see what they say. Thanks for your help.

Nothing stands out in the Advanced Web App. “30 devices are in 6 rooms. 7 online. 23 offline.”

“Drivermemorylimitstatus” OK . other thing “Available”

“Z-wave functional” True

Blah blah blah

The more I investigate the more I dont think this is a Z-Wave issue. My window shades (Zigbee) are not working either.

Support said they would have to escalate my case. Troubleshooting dude realized I had done everything he was going to ask me to do.

1 Like

This may not have anything to do with the problems you’re experiencing, but if that’s your setup, you have an RF hub stuck into a rack designed for routers with cabled connections. It’s likely you’re killing the signal that’s trying to get from the radios inside the hub out into the air.

That kind of setup would be just fine for devices which send signal out over cables. But that’s not how the smartthings hub works. The hub itself gets cabled to your router, but it communicates with your Z wave and Zigbee Devices via internal radios Which transmit wirelessly.

So whatever you’re trying to do, you will have much better quality of service on your networks if you get the hub out of that rack and put some air space around it. :thinking:

4 Likes

Thanks for your concern. But I haven’t had a single issue with this setup until recently and been running it since 2017. It’s certainly located in the house and hits all corners.

Support is saying I need a new hub, even though I can access it through the app and control non zigbee/zwave devices. I’m not looking forward to deleting, readding and dealing with all the ghost devices in Alexa/Google moving forward. This is going to be painful.

1 Like

ask Support if the hub migration tool will work in your case. It was officially announced at SDC yesterday. It is called Hub Replace.

3 Likes