I came home from work today and a whole bunch of stuff stopped working, and I noticed that 26 of my 30 motion sensors have been converted to Edge and now they are seen as contact sensors NOT motion sensors!
This is a serious bug and needs fixed ASAP please!
Where’s the bug report on Centercode for this beta?
totally understand, I have quite a few as well. just so you are aware, the motions are removed from your automation as well so when they fix this you will need to go back in and assign the motions back, unless ST can fix that too. because of the change to contact switches you can not even go in and add them back to your automation because they are not listed as motions.
Did that already. “No results found” and the driver name it’s using clearly states “Zigbee Contact”. I suspect someone fat fingered the fingerprint and their incredible testing practices found no issues…
At this point I’m letting ST try to figure this out because I suspect it’s bigger than they thought because all my contacts have gone very quiet.
That’s interesting. I saw that behavior today as well when I added an Innr zigbee plug. It took several minutes for the device to properly get configured in the app before I saw the 3 dots where I could edit the name.
Oh I don’t disagree @JDRoberts. I know and accept the risks in being in a beta, but this is a rookie error in my opinion. I’ve been doing beta’s with ST for years, as well as some alpha releases and others covered by NDA’s, and this is one of the most impactful that I can remember.