Alexa turn on Samsung Smart TV fix

How did you find it?
I still cannot find it. Any tips?

When I go to My Apps… it is completely blank.
Any tips?

It’s been a while and am trying to research where and how I did this.

Ok so I have finally managed to complete all the steps suggested by @sapman. But the TV will still not turn on, Alexa just says that the TV is not powered on or connected to the network.

I am however able to turn the TV off.

Any suggestions?

after years this post was published, it is still being used. I managed to do the same, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Looks like the TV cant be off for a long period, if so it won`t recognize the command or it wont work.
Still thanks for it.
If anyone else has another solution for the TV being off and not recognizing the command, let me know pls.

Discovered that instead of entering IP adress you can add the TV hostname as assigned by the router. That way if the IP address changes no need to update.

You can find this name by typing NSLOOKUP followed by the ip adress of the TV on a desktop PC

January 31, 2021
Just wanted to advise others that this worked even using the NEW SMARTTHINGS APP.
Make sure to NOT include the colons when entering the MAC address for your tv.
I have it working on my two Samsung Series 7 televisions.
In order to make that work I setup two copies of the Computer Power Control with Wake on LAN in SmartApps and followed that with two Routines in Alexa app.