Alexa Skill Testing Tool

(Michael Hess) #1

This is great, add alexa to your desktop browser for one click access. I don’t need to pull out my phone if I’m at work anymore!

https://echosim.io/

this is awesome… Now you can have Alexa with you where ever you are. Useful when on the other side of the world.

(Michael Hess) #3

Yes I am very pleased, my wife was not when I ran downstairs with my laptop and thew it in front of her and said “LOOK AT THIS DEAR!!!”

(Michael Hess) #4

I’ve tested it with my normal Alexa stuff, triggers things with SmarThings no problem but my few tries with Ask Alexa have failed so far.

Edit: Ask Alexa works fine, my mic was set real low and didn’t hear me well.

interesting, can this be added as a tile in smarttiles?

(Robert) #6

That would be great if this could be incorporated into SmartTiles!

(Michael Hess) #7

Hum, this has stopped working for me, normal queries work but nothing skill specific, anyone else have this issue? Maybe Amazon wised up…

(Bobby) #8

Yeah, I used this with very mixed results. Was excited at first, but then Alexa is a lot more confused by my commands than any other app I used that taps into Echo. I meant to try out the new Android app that works with Alexa, but didn’t get a chance yet. Speaking of which. I am going to do it now…

(Bobby) #9

If you are on Android, you’ve got to try the Android Listens! It is awesome.

(Michael Hess) #10

OMG this is awesome! I’ve never really used Google Now, Siri, etc but in a few rare cases. This, I will use a lot!

(Bobby) #11

I know, same here, the always listening feature is a little buggy, but it’s alexa commands work better than anything I tried so far.

(Michael Hess) #12

By default it was set to sensitivity of s% whatever that’s supposed to mean, set to Normal and it’s working better.

(Bobby) #13

oh yeah, s% i think it’s turned off, but you’ll see what I am talking about. Sometimes fires on its own and sometimes doesn’t respong to the wake call. Overall I think is super awesome

Does anyone know how to deauthorize echosim from my Alexa account?

(Bobby) #15

No, good question. I see no way from mobile app, have you tried the desktop app?

(Michael Hess) #16

Just checked desktop app, nothing, go into amazon account, device management I bet, checking that now.

Edit, YUP, manage content and devices when you hover over your account name on amazon’s home page. Same place you remove/modify kindle’s and fire’s.

(josh) #17

Thanks for the heads up… question for Alexa Listens users (since I haven’t downloaded this yet…): Does this run in the background? For example, I have a Nexus 7 for SmartTiles - can I basically have this running in the background and SmartTimes in the front?

Also, does it stay on always listen mode?

Thanks

(Michael Hess) #18

Device needs to be awake, not just on. At least on my SG5, but I’m thinking of putting it on my tablets which are always on, but I have Echo and Dot’s in those rooms already, so many options… :slight_smile: