Alexa routines after changing hubs

In case anyone else runs into this when changing hubs. I changed out my V1 hub for an Aeotec Smart Home Hub since the V1 is being retired. When I added my devices back to the new hub they all imported to Alexa automatically. I reset all my scenes in Smartthings Connect and they worked from Smartthings. I added the scenes into the Alexa routines and they worked from the app but not by voice. It took me a while but I finally figured out that you have to change the routine name to trigger the routine to be voice activated. So I toggled a change in every routine trigger phrase and now Alexa is activating the scenes correctly.

3 Likes

Thanks for this info. I may run into the same issue when I do the conversion soon.

Thanks for the information on setting up routines, but I was referring to existing routines that don’t respond to voice until the name is altered and updated.

1 Like

The best smart home hubs will let you do much more, such as changing their status based on your location or what happens when another smart home device turns on or off!

Alexa routines gives you seamless, single command control of your smart home, in other .That means dimming some lights, changing the color of others.