Alexa Echo Dot

Hi all new to here and have a question for help please i have a echo dot and was wondering if i take it to my mam + dads would i be able to set it up to show them how it works like asking questions or for it to play music, what would i have to do. thanks in advance

yes…you would need to set it up on their wifi, but you will be able to access it via your account. Pro tip…set it up on the hotspot wifi on your phone, then you can use it in the car, their house, or anywhere you have the ability to plug it in.

tried all day today but no good would not connect just said use Amazon-XXX but not even find that

That is the built in Wifi. You need to connect to this to configure the device, then just have it find the a WiFi SSID you want to connect to.

Getting lost how do I configure or would it be easier to sign out my address then sign in there’s or is there a way so both address would be on so I could just choose when got there

MichaelS Micheal SmartThings Published Contributor m
December 15 |

That is the built in Wifi. You need to connect to this to configure the device, then just have it find the a WiFi SSID you want to connect to.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

bazzg Barry Gray
December 15 |

tried all day today but no good would not connect just said use Amazon-XXX but not even find that
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi Micheal sorry to bother you againn but as mam has a Amazon account can i just sign out off mine and into hers to use as Alexa. I have also seen a Program using AWS to use Alexa to do Google by saying “Alexa ask Google ???” does this work i tried to do prigram but it kept coming up out off time google or something like that on program if so how do i do it thanks in advance

MichaelS Micheal SmartThings Published Contributor
December 15 |

That is the built in Wifi. You need to connect to this to configure the device, then just have it find the a WiFi SSID you want to connect to. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

bazzg Barry Gray
December 15 |

tried all day today but no good would not connect just said use Amazon-XXX but not even find that Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It is not clear the message you are trying to give here, but I recommend you follow the instructions in the Amazon app. If I recall, you basically put the echo into ‘setup mode’, you use your phone to connect to the device, you set it up, and then it connects to whatever wifi you set up. That means you MAY need to use two cell phones…one as a hot spot and one to set up the Echo.

Does that make sense?

I will try tomorrow when i go down and let you know how i get on thanks/Barry

MichaelS Micheal SmartThings Published Contributor
December 16 |

It is not clear the message you are trying to give here, but I recommend you follow the instructions in the Amazon app. If I recall, you basically put the echo into ‘setup mode’, you use your phone to connect to the device, you set it up, and then it connects to whatever wifi you set up. That means you MAY need to use two cell phones…one as a hot spot and one to set up the Echo.Does that make sense? Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

bazzg Barry Gray
December 16 |

Hi Micheal sorry to bother you againn but as mam has a Amazon account can i just sign out off mine and into hers to use as Alexa. I have also seen a Program using AWS to use Alexa to do Google by saying “Alexa ask Google ???” does this work i tried to do prigram but it kept coming up out off time go… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.