Is anyone else having problems with Alexa, Lightify and ST working together. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t and I can’t find any reason why it doesn’t work. Here is what happens:
- I have Lightify bulbs in my sofa lamp, recliner lamp and sun room lamp.
- The Lightify bulbs pair with my ST hub no problem. I can also operate the bulbs successfully through the ST app.
- Alexa finds the devices when doing a device discovery.
- Initially, Alexa can control the Lightify device via ST with no problem.
- Inexplicably, one day Alexa announces “I can’t find a device named ‘Sofa Lamp’ in your devices.”. Yet I can operate the device through the ST app and the Alexa app shows the device in my devices list.
Like I said, sometimes I’ll ask Alexa to turn on the sofa lamp and it works. Other times it doesn’t. And when it doesn’t it will inexplicably start working again without me changing anything.
Where do I begin to solve this problem? Abandon Lightify and go with Hue?