AlarmDecoder AD2Pi Network Appliance

So how do I update it to get it working again?

You need to update the views.py under api folder to the old version on your pi.

Unwind these changes:

Total linux/pi noob here, so sorry for the stupid question, but where would I find the views.py on my pi?

I wonā€™t be near a computer for the rest of the day but itā€™s soemwhere under /optā€¦ webapp/api. Something like that.

Could go do
cd /opt
find . -name ā€œviews.pyā€. There will be a few I think but you want the one under webapp and api folder

Yeah, the opt folder only has one folder in it named ā€œvcā€. Thatā€™s the first place I looked for it since some of the alarmdecoder documentation points to that. I donā€™t know why I donā€™t have the alarmdecoder-webapp folder thereā€¦

When I do a more general search (the whole pi) the only places that views.py comes up is a couple of places in /var/lib/docker/* Iā€™m not sure if I should edit anything in there though.

Oh yes the new image runs this in docker. Well thatā€™s a bit different you would need to be in the docker setup

Well that explains why I am not having this issue, I am using the older image that I downloaded from the website. I was thinking of building a new image using the latest Raspberrian image and docker.

Itā€™s not the actual image itā€™s the latest code they released for the webapp a few weeks ago

Per suggested, Iā€™ll post this here.

Can this function with 2 partitions?

I have my 20p with a whole host of zones. When armed all are active

However, I have 2 motions and 2 garage door sensors that are on partition 2 for the sake that they are able to be monitored by either this or an envisalink setup, as we donā€™t use motions in the house due to animals, and I simply wanted to use the existing wireless sensors on my garage doors.
But Iā€™d like to essentially tie those couple of motions and door sensors into ST via since they are there but not use them on my primary alarm. (Also I have a keypad on partition 2, so I can interact with them)

Yes by default the alarmdecoder listens to all partitions - you can choose to filter out messages by editing the address filter mask

Awesome.
I want it to listen to all partitions, as I have currently only a few but if this works will add a bunch of Honeywell sensors on partition 2 that I donā€™t want functioning with my alarm, but just want to use to trigger ST events.

Looks like Iā€™ll be ordering up one soon!
@kevin_nutech are you planning any Black Friday deals?! :wink:

Sorry, I no longer work for nutech, I could not tell you what they have planned. I wish I could change my ID :wink: Still around and supporting the project when I can though (open source stuff is awesome like that)

1 Like

Ooooh. That canā€™t be good. :frowning:

Nothing bad - if it were a bad parting of ways I doubt I would still be supporting the project on my own time :wink: Just bigger and better opportunities for myself and my family. You all will still be able to get the alarmdecoder, and bugfixes etc can still happen on the software side due to it being open source. Itā€™s really a win-win for everybody.

1 Like

Hi @jjslegacy,

That is a valid fix, but not the proper one. Apparently this is causing people issues because they have not installed the latest version of the alarmdecoder python library.

For those of you running docker images, attach to the container (nsenter or docker exec) and then navigate to /opt/alarmdecoder and do a git pull origin master && sudo python setup.py install

For those of you running docker images, attach to the container (nsenter or docker exec) and then navigate to /opt/alarmdecoder and do a git pull origin master && sudo python setup.py install

This worked! For anyone else having issues here is what exactly what I typed - with comments in parenthesis:

1. docker ps (get a listing of all the active containers to obtain the container ID for the next command)
  2. docker exec -it <containerID> bash (replace <containerID with your container ID from step #1)
  3. cd .. (I was in opt/alarmdecoder-webapp by default, and we need to get to the alarmdecoder directory)
  4. cd alarmdecoder
  5. git pull origin master
  6. sudo python setup.py install
  7. Ctrl+p Ctrl+q (exit the container)
  8. sudo reboot

Once everything came back up, I was able to control the alarm via SmartThings again.

Well I never said it was a valid fix just a quick temporary fix :slight_smile:

I am a bit puzzled why the upgrade process would not take care of this or I didnā€™t see it documented anywhere? Seems anyone who upgraded from an older version would be broken without this manual fix.

Thanks though!

The library is supposed to notify of version updates the same way the webapp does, if that didnā€™t happen then thereā€™s something else to look atā€¦ but if this problem crops up again, just take a look at your library version and compare to the master branch

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to get this fix to work no matter what. It seems everything is updated but it only works with the set characters not the alarmdecoder library. I am stumped

Did you install your alarmdecoder library with pip originally? I recommend using pip to uninstall the alarmdecoder library, and instead use the github repository