Alarm.com and Smart Things

Thanks a lot. It works for me now

Hello,
Thank you for this forum, its great. Ime trying to copy and paste the code but its giving me this error.

startup failed: script15065195138441983800620.groovy: 8: unexpected token: name @ line 8, column 7. 8 name: “Alarm.com”, ^ 1 error

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Dave

Is there anyway to get access to my devices in alarm.com: my garage door opener, my door locks, and my thermostat?

Quick Note: Anyone using CPI can use this integration once their CPI remote access has been converted to Alarm.com after adding any CPI Automations (camera, doorbell, garage door opener, etc).

I tried to add this DH and Smartapp and configure it but nothing appear under the THINGS.

I am able to connect https://www.alarm.com/pda/ without issue.

What is wrong?

Apologies in advance as I’m a newbie. I followed instructions as stated and I see what I added under My SmartApps and My Device Handlers on my web browser, but can’t see it in My Apps on my mobile device. I even linked to GitHub thinking that might be the issue, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Great and simple integration; however, I have the same question as the other users - how can we integrate ADC door/window sensors (Qolsys panel)?

Ping? Is this a “stalled” project?

1 Like

I’m trying to add this as a smart app and can’t get the app to show up in smartthings. I’ve copied, pasted, created and published the smart app and device codes correctly, as far as I can tell, but the alarm.com app won’t appear in smartthings. Did you have to do anything beyond what was written in the instructions to get this to work? Appreciate any help.

Not sure what the deal is, but the alarm.com app would show up on my iPhone, but not on my iPad. After adding as a smart app using my iPhone, the app is now visible as a smart app in smartthings.

In case it helps, the password that goes into the smart app is the same password that one uses for the alarm.com app.

I was able to get this up and running literally in minutes. KUDOS for making this!! I would love to ask for a change or guidance on how I could make the following scenario possible:

1. I utilize DISARM
  2. I use Alexa
  3. I would like to say “Alexa, Turn Alarm on” and also “Alexa, Turn Alarm off”

So my ask is where in the code do you trigger based on “on” and “off”? Also based on that could I just replace the code for null on off for the disarm code? Eventually I am going to add a passcode response from Alexa using askAlexa but I would like to get this working first.

Thoughts?

I went the hardwired route. Bought two mimo lite relays (I guess I could have bought the mimo2 instead). Hooked the relay output of the one to the signal input of the other. Then I paired the first with my 2GIG panel and the second with my SmartThings Hub.

Added three rules on the alarm.com side:
On arm away --> turn relay on
On arm stay --> turn relay on
On disarm --> turn relay off

That relay as mentioned then in turns via hardwire, triggers conditions on the second relay that is paired with ST and its state changes instantaneously so I can hook events to it on the ST side --> Basically, I have a ‘2GIG Armed’ physical switch that is updated in real-time

Works like a charm to trigger SmartThings awareness of arm/disarm via the ‘2GIG Armed’ physical switch.

I then have several things happen on the ST side on ‘Arm’ event vs. ‘Disarmed’ event. These trigger immediately irrespective of me arming via the panel or via the alarm.com app or web site.

To further apply more granular rules, I have a webcore piston monitoring the state of the relay and then refresh the Arm Stay / Arm Away and Disarm virtual switch states. That allows the piston to execute more specific routines unique for each scenario

While all of this can be accomplished in software only, the hardware relay to relay link lets me rely on certain actions that must occur in sync with the alarm state irrespective of the more granular behavior.

Sounds complex but really isn’t - the two relays linked to each other is an easy wiring exercise and achieves 90% of most use cases with a very high reliability factor.

Happy to share designs and pictures if of interest to this group.

2 Likes

I am new at this. I am trying to integrate my new SmartThings Hub with my Alarm.com hardware.

We have the Qolsys Panel
Model: IQPanel-VRZ
P/N: QS-9004-VRZ

The sensors are
Qolsys IQ - Mini Door/Window Contact
QS1115-840 door sensor

We also have a camera.

When I followed the instructions in this blog & tried to create a new SmartApp to Publish I get the error code below. Does anyone have any advice that might help me out?
Thank you for any help.

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_c7fdf659_c699_42cc_8b4b_3f86ddccb10a.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_c7fdf659_c699_42cc_8b4b_3f86ddccb10a$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_c7fdf659_c699_42cc_8b4b_3f86ddccb10a$_run_closure1@6b875719] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

this works great no issues whatsoever. I set it up with disarm enabled but in alexa app i disabled it. This way i can disarm with smartthings but alexa cannot disarm with a vocal command. My question is there a way to set an arming delay for away? this way i can tell alexa to arm away and I would have a few seconds to leave the home.

Would be interested in details how you did this if you don’t mind. I am not willing to give up my alarm.com system for smartthings for primary security but would be interested in having them work together better.

Yes @cmg75 - same here. I am not giving up my alarm.com security due to its robustness. I am attaching a couple of pictures. Happy to go into more details if you have questions.

1. I used two MimoLite relays as described. In the picture, the one on the left is paired with the 2GIG panel and the one on the right with SmartThings

2. I had to configure the zwave parameter on the one that is paired to SmartThings to respond to the input terminals - look up in their manual. Pretty straightforward. I used the Z-Wave Tweaker DTH to do that

3. I used one power supply to feed both relays for efficiency. The relays do not draw much current so it is fine to share one power supply. In the picture, this accounts for one of the red/black pairs going across from the one that is connected to the power supply to the other one

4. There is a small bridge that is hard to see but a red wire between the red positive supply line and the relay is required to make this work

5. I called the relay that is paired with SmartThings ‘2GIG Panel Armed’ and attached a routine to it for common actions as well as a webcore piston that is used to branch into specific activities - basically it refreshes the state of the alarm.com switches in order to determine if it is set to Stay or Away and executes activities accordingly.

Hope this helps

1 Like

I have a basic looking non-smart security panel (see pic). I’m able to use alarm.com app (Gaurdian security monitoring), to arm disarm, geo fence arm reminder alerts
 I love it.

I been using Alexa alarm.com skill, but it’s limited & almost useless.

So today I installed a ST hub in my network
 I added Harmony hub & hue bridge, my cell phone & wife cellphone as presence sensors. That’s as far as I gotten.

I want to be able to intergrate alarm.com (arming commands) into ST
 My goal is to fully control using voice
 yes. I want to be able to disarm using voice! & no delay on arm stay, oh & silent alarm always when arming.

So this smart app is still the only way?

Doesn’t stay checked :frowning:

Anyone figure out how to do “silent arm”, those long beep beep beep are annoying!

Anyone figure out how to get silent arming working? Going to fullwebsite & checking box does NOT permantely change anything.

This sucks
 hearing those beeps are godawful

Can this app allow Alarm.com to pass Alarm status to SmartThings? I’d like to be able to turn on all lights in the house is the alarm is tripped. Additional intruder deterrent.