Alarm.com and Smart Things

I had to update the custom device handler so the Alarm.com functions would show up in the new Action Tiles software. For those options to show in Action Tiles it either needs to have “sensor” or “actuator” as one of the capabilities. Once I added “sensor” to the capability it worked perfect! Thanks again @schwark for making this all work!

Just added actuator as a capability for all those using ActionTiles.

I just installed this and am having a couple issues. The options for silent arming and no delay don’t seem to be working, also I’m unable to disarm my system even with the option enabled. When testing the disarm, my panel says “please disarm” and stays armed but am able to disarm via the alarm.com app.

When looking through the live logging, I see where the commands are being sent but to my non-developer eyes it looks like maybe the wrong commands are being sent even though I have the options enabled.

getRecipe got command: silent is false and nodelay is false and command is STATUS and COMMAND is [params:, name:Status, button:false]
getCommand got command STATUS with silent false and nodelay of false
runCommand got command STATUS with silent false and nodelay of false

Those three lines stand out to me, but like I said I’m not a developer.

Doesn’t look like the disarm switch is working under Things. I can arm stay with no problems but disarming doesn’t work.

Disregard. Working now.

I am having the same issue as @dubbedout although I am able to disarm I am not able to do the silent arming with it enabled or disabled. Thanks.

@Tygger were you ever able to fix this problem? I am experiencing the same issue.

@schwark This is amazing! I have been waiting for this functionality since I got SmartThings two years ago.

It seems like a couple of us are having the same issue around silent arming. Any thoughts?

unfortunately, the only way to fix it seems to be to rewrite the entire module to use the full website, and not the mobile website. That will require more work than I have time for right now…

not sure why it works for me but not for some of you.

The only suggestion I have to try is to arm from your mobile app and keep the silent box checked on the app and see if that makes a difference.

Also, try logging on to mobile site - https://www.alarm.com/pda/ and arm from there (no silent option there) and then try arming from your smartthings.

hello got this working in alarm.com we had it set so if you put your code in our front door it would dissarm the alarm can i do this ST ???

i assume this cant use sensor status for doors and such?

I have the Disable Arm working now but the silent arming still isn’t working, which would be fine but the loud beeping scares my 120lbs Rottweiler!

Hello guys!!! I am a long time alarm.com user with a GoControl 3 panel. Due to Alarm.com very basic automation rules. I would like to implement a SmartThings hub I just bought and do the following:

• Keep Arming and disarming functions through alarm.com’s app.
  • Have SmartThings control my scenes and z wave devices
  • Allow alarm.com to see zwave devices controlled by SmartThings.
  • Integrate Alexa through SmartThings as opposed to the alarm.com skill

I have scoured through these pages and cannot find the exact steps to add the SmartThings hub and move over my devices. As far I understand I would need to:

1. Remove all my zwave devices from my GoControl 3
  2. Add zwave devices to the SmartThings hub
  3. Add the GoControl 3 as a secondary hub to the SmartThings Hub

Can anyone kindly provide some guidance as to how to best achieve this?

Thank you very much!

I also have a GoControl panel and am a long time alarm.com user. I would recommend being careful about relying on ST for security. With ST you will have false alarms, your Zwave devices may disconnect for extended periods of time, if you lose your Internet the ST hub may become useless for security.

I use two layers of security. ST for SHM and my GoControl as a backup because I know it will always work.

I do use this DTH

and can automate the arming and disarming of my GoControl panel based on presence and home mode but that’s as far as I am willing to go.

Schwark, thank you for this integration you’ve built, it works well and is fantastic. Thank you so much!

Is there an ability to have this integration (which is AWESOME!) poll every 30 / 60 minutes to confirm status of the Stay/Away ‘switches’? I’m seeing these out of sync fairly often (as I don’t always set [and didn’t enable un-set]) via SmartThings.

Thx!

1 Like

If you are using webCoRE you can do this pretty easily

Sorry im noob, I’ve completed the first two steps successfully but when I try to activate the smart app i do not have the “my apps” option. any suggestions?

Click on Automation
Click on SmartApps
Scroll to very bottom and hit Add a SmartApp
Scroll to very bottom and hit My Apps
Click on Alarm.com

Okay, not sure what I did, but I finally got the “my apps” to show up and it’s working now.

New question. If I use Alexa and say “alarm.com” I get an option to “arm stay” and when I execute it it alarms almost silently. The panel (simon xti) says “doors and windows armed.” it beep once and then beeps again once more, when it finishes arming.

With this app, when I arm it, “silently” or not it continues to beep until the minute elapse and it finally arms. I have “silent arm” and “no delay” checked in the switch and it still does this. Is there a way to make the panel silently arm?

I’ve been using Mr. Schwark’s alarm.com smartapp and it works GREAT!
Is it possible to bring the Frontpoint (alarm.com) door sensor status into SmartThings?
I can see the status in the mobile alarm.com site so I kinda think there has to be a way to do it…