After an update (or two) Smarthings seems to have messed up my Nest and CT100s

so Im not a huge home automation person…I originally had Vivint and was paying an extra 30/mo to control my thermostats and door lock. When I came up for renewal, I decided to just buy a smart hub and save myself the money. I have 2x CT100 thermostats and Nest. The CT100s went in to smarthings super easy. The nest was a bit of nightmare and took some research and custom scripts/apps to get it working (searched this forum and found some step-by-steps)…but I got it done.

I did this back in sept…so I haven’t really had to use the thermostats. Now that the cold weather is upon us I went to turn on my heat on my nest thermostat and noticed its not working. I try to set it from off to heat, but it will only go to auto and after a few seconds, it just swicthes back to off. I also noticed that the temp reading on the nest is 2 degress off from the app.

I know there have been a few updates to the mobile app and last week there was an update to the hub, so im not sure which mightve caused this to happen. Can anyone tell me how I can get the nest working again?

Also originally on the mobile app for my CT100 tstats, I couldve sworn the icon would change from green (off) to red (heat) or blue (ac). Now when I go to turn on heat on the CT100, it does turn on…but there is no visual que that tells me its on other than just saying heat. This isnt that big of deal, but under the things tab, there is no way of knowing if a tstat is on or off. So I have to go into each one to confirm. any ideas on this one? Is there a better script/app I can use to control the CT100s maybe?

well i got my nest back working by removing it and readding it through the dev site.

any ideas about visual ques in the things tab of the mobile app?

It has to be done in the device handler. Since you had to use a custom one to install your Nest, I’m assuming you know your way around the IDE? Here’s sample code that I added to my Schlage lock to get color change as it changes state (“backgroundColor” attribute). If you’re using exclusively Android devices, you can also add the leading hex digits for transparency (i.e., XXrrggbb vs. rrggbb). Note however that iOS does not honor it and the RGB color will be interpreted as the output of XXrrgg… IOW, a total mess! :smile:

tiles(scale: 2) { multiAttributeTile(name:"toggle", type:"lighting", width: 6, height: 4) { tileAttribute ("device.lock", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") { attributeState "locking", label:'locking', backgroundColor:"#2179b8", nextState:"locked" attributeState "locked", label:'locked', action:"lock.unlock", icon:"st.locks.lock.locked", backgroundColor:"#79b821", nextState:"unlocking" attributeState "unlocking", label:'unlocking', icon:"st.locks.lock.unlocked", backgroundColor:"#ffa81e", nextState:"unlocked" attributeState "unlocked", label:'unlocked', action:"lock.lock", icon:"st.locks.lock.unlocked", backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:"locking" attributeState "unknown", label:"unknown", action:"lock.lock", icon:"st.locks.lock.unknown", backgroundColor:"#bc2323" } }