[OBSOLETE] Aeotech Multisensor 6 (gen 5 zwave plus, model ZW100-A)

The action button is actually a little lever inside of the sensor body itself. When you put the back cover on and press the action button corner it is actually just bending the plastic to push on that little lover. Try finding that little lever and gently pushing it to the side with the back off that way you’ll know what it feels like it should just be a little click.

I added the device using version 1.2 of the code. SmartThings found the device and added it just fine. But inside the device all I get is the motion icon. All others are white with no label. Is this correct?

I know this is of no help to anyone, but I still can’t get this device to connect… :frowning:

Really want to get luminance working for turning my lights on in the house properly. Maybe I need a better device to measure this?

@Shepstyle Did you try excluding it? Also, does the LED on the front come on when you press the button? If not, either it’s not powered or the button isn’t actually being pressed.

Will there be an official device type for the gen 6 multisensor soon?? Ever??

Sorry, they didn’t send us one of these in advance. I started working on it this week: https://gist.github.com/mckeed/230252b26f64f8853a73

Has anyone figured out how it behaves differently when plugged in vs battery-powered? I’d really like to use the threshold-based selective reporting, but it doesn’t seem to work when the sensor is using batteries.

I have used mine soley on batteries for 2+ weeks and changing the threshold has done nothing for me. I haven’t tried with your device type though. I’ll switch it over tomorrow and see if anything works.

I get false positives all the time as is. Really want to be able to adjust sensitivity so a bug or swaying plant doesn’t make me think someone is on my porch…

Thanks for your hard work and prompt response @duncan this is why I love smartthings

I originally had it plugged in so I wrote the handler to use the selective reporting, but then I switched to batteries and it isn’t sending selective reports at all. I’m thinking maybe since that feature requires it to be constantly polling the sensors it is too energy-intensive for battery mode.

Battery was reading 100% for about 4 days and then all or a sudden is reading 0%. I think the batteries are dead. Not impressed so far…

Finally figured it out! The lever wasn’t properly hitting the button below. In an attempt to actually hit the button below I broke the lever, but at least now I can hit the button properly. As soon as I did it ST found it.

My main use case for this is to measure LUX (I found the sunset was off too much due to weather conditions). How often will it measure LUX? Reading above it sounds like maybe every hour? Need something faster than that, so maybe I need a better device…

Thanks Duncan for your help! :slight_smile:

Nice work, Duncan. Motion sure seems to react more snappily. Can’t really tell anything else just yet but thanks for the work. You guys are the best!

Looks like Lux and humidity are still only polling once an hour. Has anyone discovered how to remedy this so the are more useful monitors?

My MultiSensor 6 just killed the batteries after about 10 days of use. One battery measured about 1.5v and the other about 2.5v. I looked at the event logs and it doesn’t look like it was constantly reporting, which would kill the battery life.

I’m also annoyed that this takes 2 of the expensive CR-123 batteries, vs. one in the Fibaro Motion Sensor.

Also, UV has never reported anything other than 0, even in direct sunlight. All of the other sensors seem to be fine.

I have sent the device back to the vendor for a refund. FWIW, I have 2 of the Fibaro Motion/Temperature/Lux/Vibration Sensors, which have been working flawlessly.

Just realized your device doesn’t report vibration or UV. Is that because you can’t get them to report properly?

I too just sent mine back, I just could get it to sense motion reliably

Duncan’s device detects motion very well. It still has the hourly update issue that makes LUX monitoring a bust, and no vibration or UV, but he’s getting there.

My motion also works well. Its a little too sensitive however. I’m also still having some issues reading the correct temp.

I’m really struggling with this device’s configuration. Either the engineering document is wrong or there is something wrong with the device.

Configuration parameter 6 which is supposed to be device sensitivity and a default of 64 is actually 127 and will not change to anything else.

Configuration parameter 7 which is supposed to allow you to disable the tamper detection does not work at all. I can not “get” it or “set” it.

Configuration parameter 111 which allows you to change the reporting interval is working.

Configuration parameter 201 is actually size 1 (it is listed as size 2 in the engineering doc). For some reason I can’t change it to anything over 100 from SmartThings though. From my other two Z-wave controllers I can configure it just fine.

Mine seems to do temp. OK until it gets in the 80’s
Mine was reading 98 when my car and weather chanel were saying 80.
I put another temp sensor out yesterday and they were hand and hand all night but this morning it jumped 10 degrees once the sun came out

I love the size and the batteries have been great. Would love to be able to turn sensitivity down and get temp readings correct.

So how is the work on this going? Has anyone managed to crack the polling rate issue for LUX yet? Got UV working?