[OBSOLETE] Aeotech Multisensor 6 (gen 5 zwave plus, model ZW100-A)

ha you know what, I need to update my stuff here… GEN 5 is Zwave plus. The device is the multisensor 6. that’s my bad.

1 Like

made adjustments to the file and folder names to avoid confusion. Thanks for the spot there @YEM

Yep. The “6” is not a generation number, it refers to the number of sensors in the unit:

Motion, temperature, light, humidity, vibration, UV.

GEN 5 is the chipset generation for the zwave antenna, the same as zwave plus.

So they could put out a “Multisensor 3, gen 5” as well, for example.

I’m a little stuck. I keep getting a 0 value for Ultraviolet… not sure if it’s not enabled or something, but nothing is mentioned in the docs on how to enable the sensor if that is case… Have an email in to their support so hopefully that will get addressed. Also trying to figure out how to make the vibration detection (which you really have to whack this thing to set it off) go to inactive by itself. it only seems to put out active messages which makes the tile stay lit forever… perhaps it’s not even useful? Maybe for a smart app for tamper monitoring, but as a tile it’s probably useless?

It would be useless to me but maybe not some. Thanks for working on this Robert!

Got some info to add here. It isn’t in the documentation for the Multisensor 6 either… First off, if you’re adding the sensor in secured mode (most traffic gets sent secure) then when adding the device, after putting SmartThings into inclusion mode you have to double tap the action button on the sensor two times in a second… so a quick tap-tap… if you do a single tap, it adds insecure (this IS in the spec sheet… I didn’t notice it in the manual anyway).

Also the UV sensor IS 27 per spec on the sensor_multilevel version 5… but mine still always reports zero. I tested with a very bright UV inspection flashlight and while LUX jumps up to over 2500, UV remains at 0 always.

It would seem configuration commands are still not registering properly from the multi 5’s code, either sent secure or insecurely (code I had to add since the only config code was for secured adds)…

Anyway, just an update. Going to hack at it more tonight.

The Aeon Labs website claims that the sensor reports values in real-time when powered with USB. @Robert_Vandervoort, have you been able to verify that this is the case now that you have it working on SmartThings? Do you know if special config parameters are needed to turn that on or does it ignore report intervals with USB power and report real-time by default?

@johnathan398 - this is part of the issue I still face. The config parameters they provide as part of the spec (available from my GIThub repo) allows you to change the reporting interval, but “real-time” isn’t an option. You can go down into the seconds range… honestly that might be too much for the Z-Wave network to handle… certain events will shoot over when they happen like the vibration/ tamper event. That fires each time, which is what you’d want. the motion fires off once, then has a rest interval before it will fire again if there is still motion. That helps avoid false positives and annoyance, but you can configure that interval at least. The temp and humidity, lux have thresholds that define how often they will fire the reports. It is based on change. I think the only way to get “real time” for everything would be to tell the device to keep awake after it is joined, then do a get on whatever interval you want / consider real time. There is no “stream” option though per se…

and the issue I’m still facing is with configuration changes seeming to take no effect… as the humidity and temp are off considerably and the offset functions are not working… nor would it seem are others… I’m SURE it is something I’m doign wrong, but I just ported the code from the multi 5 (previous model) which even they say should work…

I have not been able to get the offset values to work either. I can change the parameter and verify it has been changed but it makes no difference as to what is reported.

As for the “real-time” option I was under the impression that this just meant the device would respond to polls for temperature, LUX, etc. at any time instead of having to wait until the device is awake.

thats a good question. polling isn’t a listed capability and no function is defined for it. the sensors have get methods so you could probably define a poll function and list the capability so a smart app like poller could use it, or even make a tile for it to poll… I might try that later. Have you seen anything on the UV sensor?

I thought what they meant by “real time” was that the sensor would report every time a value changed (ie. a variable report interval with some minimum value where the hardware decides when to report) as opposed to reporting every second or something like that. Maybe I’m way off… I hope not… cuz that would neat. :smile:

I only see a 0 value for UV.

Never mind, you are correct. I looked at the engineering spec sheet again and the device can be configured to send automatic reports when a defined change threshold is met.

That’s awesome! If anyone ever gets the real-time config working their Multisensor 6, I would love to get my hands on the device type code. :blush:

I just got it today. I cant add the device to ST. Any updates ?

Got mine today. The hub saw it eventually but unsurprisingly it showed up as a moisture sensor the same as @cdrracing. Going to try @Robert_Vandervoort 's code until Smartthings releases a supported version.

One more thing: the two LEDs come on mine on battery power, but not on USB. I wonder if the USB power is actually working. What are other people’s experiences?

I tried @Robert_Vandervoort code but I’m getting an error. I first added the new device type to “my device types”. Then I paired the new sensor with my hub. It recognized it as “Aeon Multisensor 6” and moved to the next screen to configure it it showed an error. I then changed the device type in the graph.api interface to an Aeon Multisensor Gen5. Then when i tried to switch it back to the Multisensor 6 I get this error:
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/device/update
Reference Id
ef0cb790-942e-4592-86cd-2c1a01aa6573
Date
Fri Jun 26 23:22:19 UTC 2015
Class
java.lang.NullPointerException
Cannot invoke method toByteArray() on null object

when I try to debug the Device type i get an error on line 280 tying to convert a null to an integer.
secureSequence(reconfigrequest) + [“delay 20000”, zwave.wakeUpV1.wakeUpNoMoreInformation().format()]

has anyone got this working?
Thanks for any help.

I paired first with the handheld API and tried to switch the device type in the iDE. Igot the same result. I posted this as an issue on his Github site.

mine is also a moister sensor… I also have the new LED bulb that doesnt work…