[OBSOLETE] Aeotech Multisensor 6 (gen 5 zwave plus, model ZW100-A)

ya version 5 works better for lux… much bigger sensor. but beware it eats batteries

I could live with the usb power as long as the lux sensor works.

Hrm… not sure what the problem is here, but with @Robert_Vandervoort’s device type, the Lux sensor works fine for me, and, in fact, is much more granular (better for my needs) than the Multisensor 5.

Multi 5 is crap, mine jumps from less than 200 to 1000. I wish @Robert_Vandervoort would stop testing his new Aeon toys and nails gen 5.looolll (Robert, big fat joke)… I didn’t get off my butt to work on the gen 5 and I don’t have the new sensors to play with. By the way how are they?

Running RV v2.1 for this sensor. I had it on my front porch for a few months logging the data to ThingSpeak. Lux works fine for me.

Loving the look of the “Recessor” mounting bracket.

2 Likes

If I use RV v2.1, will it help any on the lux sensitivity?

I found lux is very bad… probably becasuse of small area… the ver 5. works better as much larger area of the sensor…
It works if outdoors. but indoors not sensitive at all

Do you still run it with batteries, or did you run electrical in the ceiling to power it via USB?

@guywmartin It is battery powered right now, but it would be pretty easy to make it usb powered. I already have an outlet up in the attic.

1 Like

This has been my most frustrating device I’ve encountered. I absolutely can’t get it to function on batteries. Only USB. Any similar issues???

Mine is running on battery right now. No issues. I will connect the USB adapter when weather permits.

Mine is outside and running on batteries. I’ve had no issues with battery power so far.

I excluded while plugged in on USB. I tried connecting it while using battery but it appears to not even have power.

Mine is killing batteries left and right. I thought it might have been because of cheaper Tenergy batteries, but I bought a package of Streamlights and they just latest 3 days. I’ve been using the RV2.2 handler. What can be causing this?

How often are you having it send temp, rh, and other data values?

I backed mine off to 45 min (though it sometimes sends more often due to threshold reporting), and I’ve been running 5 months at 100% still.

How far is it from the hub or a zwave device that will repeat? Mine is probably almost 100 feet from the hub, BUT it is only about 5 feet from a light switch that will repeat.

I’ve been seeing it send updates about every 5 minute for a couple weeks now. Still at 100%. I’m thinking of trying to back off the update time aince 5 minutes seems aggressive.

What do you mean by this?
Mine won’t turn on with the battery so I’m assuming this is my best bet to get them to work?

@TANDZ I have 7 on batteries and they all work great.

Yeah, mine must be a dud or something similar to the below

I just can’t get any power, but I don’t know exactly what to play with to get them to work.