Aeotec Water Sensor 7 Pro Issue

I have an aeotec water sensor 7pro that since switching to Smartthings z-wave sensor edge driver ocassionally gets stuck on wet.
I have been able to fix this by changing driver to the Smartthings z-wave switch and back.
Today the sensor is stuck as wet and a driver change did not fix it. I have cleared cache, force stopped app, restarted hub and phone with no luck. Any suggestions short of removing and readding the device?

ST V3 hub
Android OS
App version 1.7.98.21
ST version 47.03

I have recently purchased this but not having much luck with the edge drivers. I have installed both the Water sensor 7 and Water sensor Pro 7 and theyā€™re showing if I look in my hub, then ā€˜Driverā€™. I can see both ā€˜Aeotec Water Sensor 7 Proā€™ and ā€˜Aeotec Water Sensor 7 Basicā€™ in the big list of drivers, but when I add the device (no matter how many times I remove it and re-add it) it just shows up as a Z-Wave switch and doesnā€™t allow me to change the driver (if I go into the device, click the 3 dots, thereā€™s just ā€˜Editā€™ and ā€˜Informationā€™. Banging my head against a wall with this. Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do to get to the drivers Iā€™ve installed? Had this with a couple of other new devices of late. With thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Have you checked with Aeotec support? As SmartThingsā€™ hardware partner, they are quite familiar with edge drivers, unlike some other manufacturers. You can start with the contact link on the following page:

https://aeotec.com/support/

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not tried yet to be honest. I wondered if it was something obvious that I have been missing, but will reach out to them to see what they say. Thanks!

2 Likes

Mine is using the smartthings z-wave sensor driver and works 98% of the time except when it gets stuck on occasion. Do you have that driver installed? If not, you can download it from the smartthings beta driver page.

SmartThings Edge Beta channel with this link:
Samsung account 8.9k

2 Likes

No Driver option there means it has paired using a DTH. At this phase of the migration, I believe that custom DTHs are selected in preference to any Edge driver.

Pull up the API Browser to see whatā€™s is being selected. That might give a needed clue.

2 Likes

Thanks @HalD and @Terri_Baker
Hereā€™s a few shots of the device using the new API+

If I try to change the Driver using the new API+ then I get this message,

despite having the aforementioned drivers for the Sensor 7 basic and Sensor 7 pro install (as well as the one that @Terri_Baker mentioned above from the Beta channel. very confused.

Additionally, hereā€™s the drivers that are installed on the hub.

Thanks again for your support.

1 Like

I see 2 problems in your 1st screen shot.

1. The fingerprint (Mfg. Code) is 0000-0000-0000 which means it it did not bind properly during pairing.

2. Type is listed as DTH which means it is using a Device Handler not an Edge Driver.

So you need to exclude the device and re-pair it. I would suggest doing it close to your hub to help ensure proper binding.

Also if you have a custom device handler it would need to be removed from the IDE before pairing.

4 Likes

Thanks for the speedy response @Paul_Oliver . Iā€™ve not got any Device Handlers installed so i donā€™t think itā€™s that. Iā€™ll attempt to exclude it, however this didnā€™t work following the guidance I found for the device, so if anyone knows a work around in the API - holding down the pair button for 20 seconds didnā€™t do anything. Iā€™ll re-pair close to the hub to bind better either way! thanks again

Remove your Door / Window Sensor 7 Pro from Z-Wave network.

Your sensor can be removed from your Z-Wave network at any time. Youā€™ll need to use your Z-Wave networkā€™s main controller/gateway. To do this, please refer to the part of your gatewayā€™s respective manual that tells you how to remove devices from your network.

1. Set your Z-Wave controller into unpair (exclusion) mode.
  2. Triple-click the tamper switch on Door / Window Sensor 7 within 1.5 seconds.
  3. After a successful exclusion, it will green light up its LED for 2 seconds then deactivate.

Reset your Door / Windows Sensor 7 Pro.

This device also allows being reset without any involvement of a Z-Wave controller. This procedure should only be used when the primary controller is inoperable.

To manually factory reset:

1. Remove the cover of Door / Window Sensor 7
  2. Press and hold tamper switch for 5 seconds until the red LED blinks.
  3. Release the tamper switch
  4. Immediately press and hold the tamper switch again, the LED will flash red 5 times while holding.
  5. A green LED will confirm reset, which you may release the tamper switch.
3 Likes

Amazingly thats worked. It installed as the Aeotec water sensor 7 Pro too so a great outcome! Having similar issues with some other devices so rinse and repeatā€¦thank you.

3 Likes

You are welcome. Glad it worked.

2 Likes

This worked for me too!

To Terriā€™s original post, I have an early Zooz ZSE40 Multisensor that gets ā€˜stuckā€™ on ā€˜Motion.ā€™ Swapping drivers and then back ā€œfixesā€ it and ā€œNo Motionā€ is reported. My hunch is that the general, generic SmartThings driver assumes no motion/water/whatever and, without bothering to poll the device status after the driver first initializesā€“perhaps when it wakes, if a ā€˜sleepyā€™ deviceā€“after the new driver is selected, doesnā€™t know the difference! Should someone walk into the room where my motion sensor resides (Iā€™m not at that house right now and no one is home), it would report ā€˜Motionā€™ and then ā€˜No Motion,ā€™ therefore reflecting the correct status.

It would be an interesting experiment, @Terri_Baker, if this is still an issue for you, to go stick that sensor in water, then remove it and let it report ā€˜Dryā€™ againā€“just to see if it is the same issue.