Aeotec Minimotes stopped working

@JDRoberts, @dbellouny

So since I was reminded that the stock minimote DTH provides local execution, I put several of my Minimotes back on that handler.

However, it’s been forever since I’ve used that DTH, and the device UI on the Things page is very confusing…can either of you provide some additional info, I don’t “get” this DTH’s UI/settings from the Things screen at all. Appreciate any help w/how this is supposed to work.

:slight_smile

• What is the purpose of the Button 1, Button 2, Button 3, Button 4 listing on the device page - they aren’t active/tappable, and don’t provide any status info. They do show the device has four buttons, which is presumably obvious from the device itself. I haven’t found any way to edit the list, or make this screen in any way helpful. Am I missing something?

59 AM

• What is the purpose (and source of the info) displayed if you tap the settings (gear) icon for the device? This appears to be related to the push and hold settings of the buttons, but for at least one of my minimotes it does not display what the device is currently programmed to manage. And the order of the items on the screen is very odd, in one case it shows, in this order: Hold 3, Push 2, Hold 1, Hold 2, Push 3, Hold 4, Push 1, and Push 4, and on another I just looked at it has a completely different order of the push/hold buttons.

Also, If you tap the “X” the field clears and has no label or info as to its push/hold button assignment, what to put there, etc. What is this screen for, and how is it supposed to be used?

18 AM

1 Like