Aeon Z-wave Repeater

(Solardave1) #1

I needed / wanted to install a z-wave outlet on the top of a 20 foot light pole that has a wifi camera and 48 LED IR illuminator on it to do a hard re-set/power cycle when necessary but it was just out of range from the nearest 'beaming z-wave device. I had an Aeon plug in repeater in a box that I never used for anything and a ceiling outlet on the nearby porch (don’t ask) about halfway between the nearest z-wave switch and the light on top of the pole. I put a plastic weatherproof outlet cover over the outlet and plugged in the repeater and now I can hit the switch consistently with an on/off command. I don’t remember what it cost but I do distinctly remember that it was less than an outlet. Just remember to use an all plastic outdoor box if you try something like this since a metal box will kill your range. For good measure, I also plugged in a Dlink plug in repeater with a static ip and the same SSID as my main network and I’ve got a better signal back to the main router which allows for a higher frame rate so a 2 for 1 improvement.

(Tom) #2

I purchased one of these but am having trouble connecting it to my SmartThings hub. Can you let me know how you did it, since there isn’t any support for it?

Thanks