Aeon Touch panel, dimmer and 2 wires

Wasn’t sure (as usual) where to put this…

Got a fairly old apt and all the wall switches just have 2 wires going to the ceiling lights. The obvious solution if I want to use a dimmer is to use a micro-dimmer etc and just use the wall switch as a toggle, but I have a bunch of the touch panels from my previous place and it seems a bit of a waste.

I had one solution - also a bit of a waste, and retardedly slow - where I took an iris button from lowes, ran the 3v from the micro dimmer to the wall switch and used it to power the button and the panel and then had the panel’s common soldered to the button part of the iris button. I then had WebCoRE trigger the dimmer - smart lighting worked about 5% of the time and was crazy slow, like 30 seconds. I had too much of a headache by this point to troubleshoot and didn’t like the solution anyway. Plus its a waste of a button with a temperature sensor… I ended up with one of those newish square button things that to be a ‘button’, which is better than the on off switch (though technically it still is, you just can’t tell).

Anyway - I can’t get a third wire to that box (reasonably) and wanted to know if there was a way to make the panel work (not just light up) with 2 wires coming from the micro-dimmer? I’m even down for soldering in some diodes and resistors somewhere, but it’d be nice if there was a simple solution… I mean, we have lighted telephones (land-lines) running off 2 wires, this should be trivial by comparrison. Granted its only 3v, but still…

Couldn’t find any one else trying this so figured I’d just ask.