Aeon Smart Dimmer 6 device type now available

@ulfthomas74 there is no parameter setting on the dimmer for ramp rate. Aeotec’s nano dimmer has it. As far as I know there is not any firmware update that supports it but perhaps @ccheng can weigh in.

For the Smart Dimmer 6, it uses Switch Multilevel V2, there are 2 versions that defines the ramping rate directly which needs to be done through Z-Wave commands specifically.

With V1 version of Switch Multilevel V1, it unfortunately isn’t possible to set the ramp rate as it isn’t exposed through parameter settings.

While with V2, if SmartThings supports Switch Multilevel V2, there is an additional parameter setting that may allow you to set the dim rate through a variable called “Duration” which needs to be handled through the Z-Wave gateway.

These are the 2 respective differences while for more control on the ramp rate would require SmartThings to support V2 version of Switch Multilevel and expose the control over the variable “Duration” to allow you to modify the ramp rate of the Smart Dimmer 6 ZW099. It seems that SmartThings does expose this from their developers documents: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/doc/zwave-utils.html#switchMultilevelV2

If you can program Switch Multilevel Set V2 to control this, looking at the parameters, the variable/parameter in Switch Multilevel Set V2 for this is called “dimmingDuration”

Setting dimmingDuration = 0 will allow Smart Dimmer 6 to instantly change to the dim level, while setting it to higher numbers will increase the ramp rate time it takes to travel to the next dim %.

Edit: @Robert_Vandervoort Thanks for bringing this to my attention :slight_smile:

Sounds like I have a feature I need to add to my device handler :slight_smile:

I’m a newbie, so hopefully this won’t be too dumb of a question… I have an Aeotec Smart Dimmer 6 that I have working (with SmartThings and Alexa). My question is that I want to change a parameter (81). I just can’t figure out what I need to do or if I need to download and/or install something. Thanks in advance!

Use the zwave tweaker device handler and set it as its device handler.
Once you do that you will easily be able to change its value .here is the link to it

Amazon review states: That if unplugged the hub cannot find this device. Meaning you have to remove and add a thing back into the hub. Is this true?

that has not been my experience. i have a gen 2 hub and i unplug mine all the time to vacuum and have never had to do that.