Aeon siren as door chime

I have this installed. I couldn’t get it to do what I want it to do. When a door opens I want it to just chirp and turn on a light. I’m using Smart Lighting for this. If I use the Siren, it just goes into full alarm. If I use the Beep, it works as expected.

I also can’t get it configured correctly using SHM to beep and alarm the way I want it. I’d like to set up different alarms for intrusion and water, and for there to be a delay beep before the full alarm for intrusion.

Also Beep1, Beep2, Beep3 are the same, and Beep4, Beep5, and Beep6 are the same.

So I use the Siren Beep app and Beep virtual device.

Smart Lighting isn’t meant for this so you should use either a Custom Monitor in SHM, Speaker Notify with Sound, or CoRE.

In SHM and Speaker Notify with Sound, use the Audio Notifications feature, choose Custom Message, and then enter the command and arguments you want to execute.

All of the commands are listed in this post a long with instructions on how to use them with various SmartApps:

See link mentioned above…

Beep 1, 2, 3 should be slightly different lengths and 4,5,6 should each be 3 beeps that vary in length and delay between them.

These aren’t necessary and they’re going to make the beeps completely unreliable due to SmartThings latency issues.

I can’t get the delayedAlarm to work. It basically starts alarming from 2-4 seconds after trigger, even though I want 20 seconds. Or after 20 seconds it’ll only beep once.

Here are my Siren settings

I’m also trying to to a different alert for leaks. Here is my config, but nothing happens with the siren. No noise at all

Can you upgrade to the latest version and let me know if that fixes the problem?

Edit: I just realized I hadn’t published the latest version so when you have a moment, please upgrade to 1.8.5 and let me know if that fixes the problem you’re experiencing.

Just tried it. Way worse for me. The siren beep is full alarm. CustomAlarm still not working right. Anyway you can send me a copy of the previous code 1.8.4?

Scott

If the beep button in the SmartApp sounds like an alarm it’s because of the way it’s configured. The screenshot you posted earlier shows that the beep length is 200ms and it repeats 30 times.

If you want one short beep you should change the beep length to 50ms and change repeat to 1.

What do you mean by “not working right”? Is it not turning on, using the wrong sound, turning off too quickly, …?

I just received a VISION ZM1601US-5 Z-wave PLUS Wireless Siren & Strobe Alarm,
Battery Type, Gen5 from Amazon. I set up the Beep and Siren Beep as instructed above.

However I want the beep to be shorter. Is there a way to do that?

That’s the same device as the GoControl/Linear Siren and the response time is unreliable. The device handler below provides your best chance for using it as a beep device, but you’ll probably find that the beep is sometimes a lot longer than you want it.

I am new to Smarthings and using Custom code for Devices. I see the same error when I add the code in My Smart apps. But I was able to add code to My device Handlers without any errors. Which one is the correct way to do? How do I proceed?

Thank you

if anyone is using this, I had to change over from momentary button to on/off button tile, after migrating to the new smartthings app.

1 Like