Aeon Multi-Sensor

In short, no. The aeon in particular has to be ready to recieve the configuration command. This is done by pressing the pairing button and the immediately hitting the configuration button in the mobile app. Hitting configuration outside of this window does nothing as far as I can tell.

1 Like

That is what I would expect. I would make these changes to the code:

• Allow input of configuration items in the Preferences
  • Call configure() when the device wakes up and the preferences have been changed

This is where the device wakes up

if( cmd.CMD == "8407" ) { result << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(zwave.wakeUpV1.wakeUpNoMoreInformation().format()) }

I am trying to get my Aeon Multi-Sensor to report the Lux every 60 seconds but it doesn’t seem to be checking every minute but every 4 minutes(this is an improvement as before it seemed to be sporadic). I copied the device code and modified the appropriate value. I even pressed the Pairing button and send configuration in Device but it’s still not reporting properly.

I changed the data reporting to 60 seconds. If I change the 225 to something lower for temp, humidity, etc to 60, the LUX or Humidity won’t work properly at al(but the temp will)l. I have to keep it at 225 for it to report every 4 minutes.

// send all data (temperature, humidity, illuminance & battery) periodically
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 101, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 225).format(),

// set data reporting period to 1 minute
	zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 111, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 60).format()
])

Any ideas?

This is a limitation of the device. The reporting interval is in increments of 4 minutes and 4 minutes is the minimum interval.

Thanks. This is a bummer as I am using a smartapp to turn on lights based on Lux value. If the data is 4
Minutes old, I might see lights not come on or come on incorrectly now…I hate this device. The motion sensing has been unreliable at best and now this…

Fetch yourself a Fibaro Multi, configurable reporting, lux all the way up to 32,000. I find the 1K limit in the AEON a bit limiting.

Hey Mike,

Where did you buy that thing from?

Vesternet, but they’re currently back ordered…

Is this a legit site? https://www.asihome.com

No idea, let us know eh?, :wink:

Ordered there via paypal… Let us see… :slight_smile: I got the link from Fibaro website though for US sales.

Yea, I remember that site, I just placed an order as well.
Hopefully they have a few kicking about.

These guys have it in stock… Ordered the second one from them. Free Shipping…

http://shop.haworldonline.com/Fibaro-Z-Wave-Motion-Sensor-Model-FGMS-001-112113.htm

Now that I have it paired properly with @wackware’s great work on the pre-release device type, I really like the Fibaro. It is very, very small (put a few more very in there for good measure). With all the configuration options listed in the manual, I can’t wait for the device type to be expanded even more, such as LED brightness adjustments, sensitivity, etc! SmartThings should really add this sensor to their store! I plan on buying more of them in the near future as I start working on the rest of my house. Tagging @Ben to let him know! :smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys,

I have the Aeon multi sensor in the kitchen, with a ST multi door sensor in the same room. I have noticed that the temp reported by the two devices are off by 4oC, which is quite a bit. I had to revert to a measuring the temp in the room through a old fashioned temp gauge, to see which one is accurate. The ST Multi sensor won :smiley: but I wanted to change the temp off-set on the Aeon labs multi sensor.

I will try this later today, but I guess if I press the pairing button on the Aeon labs sensor, then the configure button, I should be able to do this?

Thanks

Fibaros are the most accurate for me, followed by ST and the aeons have been the worst in every aspect.

I have seven aeon multi sensors, they have been perfectly fine as motion detectors. Temp readings show a small variance from time to time. Light and humidity are wildly inaccurate all of the time. Currently all of my humidity readings are below 25% while my shield based sensor and my netatmo are both show 37% exactly. I would like to try the fibaro but they seem to be out of stock and they are on the pricey side. Given that I already have a $350 investment in Aeon multis, just sheesh.

Regarding the AEON Multi. So besides motion, are there any use case rules that can be configured for temperature or luminance? I would like to activate the bird bath heater when it is below 32F outside. My AEON is A/C USB powered. Other then reading or reporting temperature, is anyone doing anything useful? If they do exist, how do I find them? Thanks, Mark

I can vouch for the accuracy. I grabbed them (5) just before they went in back order for 59 a piece. Vesternet is out of it. These guys may still have it:

https://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/login.php?osCsid=01486c95cc9c96e2f0e1a75a3a977258

Both are legit Fibaro sellers listed on Fibaros site and customer service is fantastic.

I use humidity to turn on humidifiers in individual rooms. Not doing anything with illuminance yet. Temperature to set my thermostat based upon room occupancy. The aeons are still the most bang for the buck in spite of their shortcomings. I have a fibaro now and while nice it lacks humidity. So the per room cost would be over 100 bucks vs 50 for the aeon.