[OBSOLETE] Aeon Motor Controller

Here is a device type for the Aeon Micro Motor Controller (DSC-14104 ZWUS). This Z-Wave motor controller provides a double throw switch with an off position. In a motorized roller shade application one switch position makes the motor roll up the shade, and the other position causes it to roll down. The stop function does just that, turns off both switch connections. Only one switch connection at a time can be on. This device switches 110v to 240v AC.

The device type provides the three commands the device is capable of: Up, Down, and Stop. Down turns on motor M1, Up turns on motor M2, and Stop turns both off.

To use this device type in SmartApps, use "capability.doorControl" in Preferences to select the controller. Then you can reference the state of the device with device.currentValue("motor") or device.currentMotor. The device can be in one of three states: up, down, stop, e.g. if(device.currentMotor == "up") {some code...} There are three commands available: up(), down(), stop(), e.g. device.up()

After you include the Aeon device into ST, edit its device type in the IDE to be “Aeon Motor Controller”. It will not fingerprint to that device type, as it looks like a switch.

4 Likes

Here are two screenshots of the device type:

6 Likes

Hi Bravenel,
I have a motor-door with 3 buttons “up” “down” “stop” position on wall and It has stopped when facing an obstacle for safety. The problem is that the Aeon Micro Motor Controller will always be up or down continually until I hit the stop button on the smartphone. I can not connect it directly to the motor as this way because it will disable the function automatically stops when facing an obstacle. Can you help me edit the code to Aeon Micro Motor Controller just up/down only for a short time, such as 1 second, and then stop like I used physical buttons.
Thanks.

Hi, I bought the DSC-14104-ZWUS but my ST don’t detect this new device, you know how can I do that?

“Can you help me edit the code to Aeon Micro Motor Controller just up/down only for a short time, such as 1 second, and then stop like I used physical buttons.”

@Kieron196 You can easily do that using CoRE rule engine. I have a CoRE piston that presses the virtual momentary switch DOWN and after 15 seconds calls another piston that presses the virtual momentary switch STOP. I still wonder why CoRE is not included by default on Smartthings.