Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter

Sorry for reviving an old thread but having so many issues trying to get my meter to pair.

I press the button and it slow flashes continously, i then go to add device on my smartthings and then the meter goes solid but nothing comes up in ST. Each time i press the action button now, it fast flashes for 1 second then goes solid, so it would make me think its paired but i didnt get the option to add the device in the ST app (also cant find a device created anywhere).

I have to exclude the device to get it to slow flash constantly again, then have tried the inclusion process probably 40 times.

1./ Sitting right next to the hub
2./ Tried with and without batteries
3./ Tried on AC only
4./ tried with clamps on and with clamps unplugged

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Barry

Try swapping probes

1 Like

after about 30 minutes it appeared in my devices, very odd.
Now trying to get the best device type and unsure if i have gen1 or gen2, it has 2 clamps does that help? :stuck_out_tongue:

did you get the cheap one or the expensive one - I think that sets them apart :slight_smile:

Not sure you are still having trouble with this, but upgrading to the latest firmware fixed it for me.

I am trying to sell my Home Energy Meter on craigslist, if anyone is interested and live in San Diego Ca.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/ele/5825189856.html

Can someone show me how to install it on my smarthings hub?

So I just installed my V1 HEM earlier today. I had purchased it awhile ago but had to go into the panel earlier today to add a garage outlet and just figured it was time to do this. After the install I read about how you need to be careful about which way the clips face and all that wonderful stuff so I am not sure if my clips are installed properly.

Regardless…the directions above about removing the rear battery cover helped me to get this installed right away. Removed 1 screw on the rear cover and then slide down the panel and click the black button and I was able to have this installed within a min.

My main question now is that do I need this custom code that has been written or is this now natively supported by ST?