Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Siren

I’m not sure this is the best place for this comment, but I wanted to add two things to the mix regarding this siren (the Gen 5 siren):

1. Mine has a hissing noise as well, except it also emitted a high-pitched noise that over time seemed to get a bit louder–to the point we could hear it in the next room. Unplugging it made it silent of course, but as soon as I plugged it in, the hiss was back but no high-pitched whine–at least for a while until it came back. I of course returned this unit and the new one still has a noticeable hiss that if I’m really trying can be heard around 6 ft. away. But mostly I don’t notice it unless I get within a few inches. The online store I purchased it from claims this is normal, but not the high-pitched whine I had on the first unit. I’m just trying to figure out how true that is for everyone else. I think it is tolerable now, but still annoys me that it is dead silent when unplugged and running on battery power. It makes me wonder if it is a function of the Z-Wave repeater or something which I suspect no longer repeats under battery power, but I’m a IoT/ST noob, so who knows. I do wonder if the repeater function can be disabled, however. Does anyone know if that’s possible?

2. I have the same bugs as others in this thread. However, in addition to not being able to use the mobile app (Android) to edit the siren’s preferences, I also cannot change the duration of the siren when used in the Smart Home Monitor alert. It doesn’t seem like this is possible via the web IDE either (unlike changing the siren’s preferences, which works fine on the web).