Aeon Home Energy Meter v1 -- Read Clamps Separately

@Danabw can you share how you set your core piston for your washer and dryer. i’m having no luck getting my to run. Thanks

@Azat

Ive been using your device handler for a couple weeks now and it works great. Is there a way you could use each clamps reading when choosing “power meter” for automations. Right now the only value usable is the total between the two. I would like to use each of the power readings for acouple pistons I have in mind. Are you able to modify the handler for this? Thx

Hopefully someone could help me out with this, I just bought the Aeon Home Energy Meter v1, I have installed the clamps on my washer (clamp 1) & dryer (clamp 2) cords and have installed the MikeMaxwell : Aeon HEM V1 Laundry DTH (i believe this one is updated. Picture below).

End result is I would like to get a notification when the Washer is done as well as when the Dryer is done. Right now, when the either one is running, the ST app shows when the “Dryer State is on” “Laundry is started” and “dryer has finished” in the history, all within 5 min even though it is still running. Maybe i have the wrong Device handler installed? When i click on the “Configure button” it also does nothing.

Could someone help me with this as well as any advise on the Smart Apps being used or Core Setups?

@Jrrobertson3 I used the DTH that @Danabw has in previous post.
/*
In-progress update of Mike Maxwell’s HEM Laundry monitoring device for Aeon HEM V1. Includes customizations
from Ogiewon and MEarly.
SmartThings thread: Aeon Home Energy Meter v1 -- Read Clamps Separately

1. Done: Ogiewon - Fix reported number of buttons so both are announced/available in SmartApps
  2. Done: MEarly - Set Washer/Dryer On=pushed event; Washer/Dryer Off=held event. Allows notifications at start/end of cycle, & start/stop logging under Recent Activity.
  3. Done: Danabw - All Preferences entries labeled
  4. Need help: 1) Add reporting frequency setting to preferences (currently only managed in Configuration section, not available in preferences
  5. Need help: 2) ID what KWhDelay and detailDelay settings control, and remove them from Preferences if user control not necessary
    */

Using Core in advance mode, latching piston

Repeat for washer except button#2 in core.

OK, I’M getting confused here. Can someone point me to the correct DTH that will let me read the 2 lines separate. The version I have doesn’t seem to match the conversation here.

This is the latest I’ve found a few posts up above:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/azat85/b5b21c5dd76c33887ec192d226defc64/raw/5c5c72d643e1e395351e7523c84a8f7df3358b06/HEM%2520v1%2520DH

1 Like

Is it possible for the poweOne and powerTwo attributes to report/update like the power attribute?

@ogiewon

Im assuming its possible to merely send a text message if the dryer cycle is completed using webcore something like:

if power consumption goes above x and then comes back down to y send a notifciation that the dryer cycle has completed?

Thanks,
Automation Hoarder

Probably, but I am not a CoRE/WebCoRE expert. I really just took @Mike_Maxwell’s work and tweaked it for my usage. It continues to work 100% reliably for me.

I have it set to send texts to myself and family when loads are done using Core.

1 Like

@Danabw Do you mind sharing a pic of the piston?

Sure.

The washer one is whacky, because my washer energy use is all over the place so I could not set a value to represent “done.” So I had to use a brute force timer method, based on standard load is ~45 min.

Washer

“Luz” was our cleaning lady (since departed) - didn’t want notifications if she was doing laundry. Had a routine that ran when she was there.

Dryer

@Jmtyra @Danabw @ogiewon

i just bought a couple more HEMs to monitor my washer/dryer and ac/sumppump. i am going in circles trying to figure out which DH to use. i thought it was this thread but now i see first post says this doesn’t work. then i tried one from @Mike_Maxwell, but it shows both washer and dryer are on even though i configured it for 100W each.

can someone that has this working please summarize what dh and setup you used (in a new thread maybe to eliminate the going in circles)? i saw a screenshot that had washer and dryer icons for example, but mine isn’t showing them. and the last 6 or so settings don’t have labels.

Thanks!!!

I am still using my tweaked version of Mike’s original DH, which properly announces the number of button devices to other SmartApps. This has been 100% reliable for monitoring my washer and dryer. I also tweaked the icons.

It is found above in this thread at

1 Like

@kevin I don’t use my HEM anymore due to time and need constraints. Eventually I plan on finding a multi-channel solution but not anytime soon. :wink:

I’m using a variant of Mike’s laundry DH now and it works well for my washer and dryer. I have another hem I’m trying to use on my sump pump and having trouble with it. It is connected to “USB” power, not batteries.

It is only detecting one pump cycle per hour, part of the trouble is haven’t had good rain so I know it’s running more. I have tested by raising the pump float switch and the DH sometimes detects it. When I test, the pump only runs for 5 seconds or less which has me wondering…

Are there some limits on how quickly the HEM detects power use? I can’t quite figure out if any of the configuration settings can help with this?

Thanks!

1 Like

having issues with getting a reading of my washer. show no wattage i have the v1 running 3.61 with ogiewon tweaked DH. im just looking for noftification of the washer being finished.

@tom_insixiengmay - How do you have the Aeon v1 attached to your power cord for the washing machine? You cannot put the clamp around all of the wires, only the HOT wire should be monitored. In my case, I added a very short, heavy duty (18") extension cord between the power outlet and the washing machine’s power cord. I carefully opened the outer insulation on this short cord, and exposed the three insulated wires within it. Then I attached the Aeon v1’s clamp around just the HOT wire, leaving the NEUTRAL and GROUND wires alone.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Really annoying!

Figured that…the dryer was easy to split…the washer i was debating of i should cut open the cord… your idea sounds safer

1 Like