Aeon Home Energy Meter v1 -- Read Clamps Separately

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Omynz/Aeon-HEM-v2/master/Aeon%20HEMv2.groovy

^
That.

2 Likes

Something I have incorrect, please look and tell me what. When I use those settings I get a blank page… I have two screenshots below.

Just add it via the green button “Create New Device Handler” and then select the “From code” tab, paste the contents of the code at the link into there, then tap the Create button at the bottom, and then the Save, and then Publish buttons (choose “for me”).

1 Like

Yes I know it is published, but I want the Github integration so I need the settings. If it is up to date it is black.

It may not be set up for that, you’d have to ask him…

I sent him an IM, hope he has an answer. I like the GitHub integration as I don’t have to search in different threads for updates.

I am new to ST and GitHub.
I have updated and cleaned the code. I have cleaned all Voltage and Ampers and some other unuseful for me things
It shows only Power and Energy. One can easily add Ampers and Voltage based on original versions.
I have only v1 monitor and I just wanted code to work, so I have removed everything else.
It works good.
Please use if you want.
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/azat85/b5b21c5dd76c33887ec192d226defc64/raw/5c5c72d643e1e395351e7523c84a8f7df3358b06/HEM%20v1%20DH

1 Like

One thing I would like to add is a flag if HEM is on battery or on USB.
I saw there is a flag in configuration set (parameter #20), but I don’t know how to get it.

What phone are you on and does it read each clamp separately? And yes if this works it would be great without the battery messing it up. Mine are all on USB power.

I think you have a major bug. In config I named each clamp to what they were reading. It now shows for Clamp 1 and clamp 2 Null Watts.

it may be not updated by device yet.

I am on iPhone. clamps are showed separately and clamp1+clamp2 = should be total all the time, since they read at the same time.

I mean that I want it to show if the meter on battery or not. Now it just show battery level, which is always 0% for me.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your work! It’s great when members contribute to the variety of options available. :slight_smile:

and this version is made only for HEM v1, I think that HEM v2 has different configuration flags, so it may not be sending correct reports.

Yes Azat I have 4 HEM V1s and as I said all the info showed properly until I opened config and added the names for each clamp. I appreciate your effort, as many of us do. I am just pointing out something I am seeing as a problem. Have you tried naming each clamp? If it works for you then I will assume it is something on my end. I should have taken a screenshot to show you. But to make it simple as possible the two left tiles upper and lower showed values, but as soon as I added the names they all said Null, but they did say the names of the clamps. When I have a chance I will test it again, just to make sure. But I surely think you are on the right track.

AS of this time I am using the version for HEM V1 without a battery as mine is never on battery do to the long wait for info.
Thanks again.

I’m getting the same issues as a previous user, where it shows nothing in the app. I installed the device type and added the device through the IDE, but when I use the app, it shows since tile and cost tile and nothing else. The cost tile doesn’t show any value either. Whats the best way to fix this?

In a way I am glad someone else has this problem, so it isn’t something I did. Now maybe someone with more knowledge can investigate.

I tried a good half-dozen device handlers. All reported just zeros.
I was ready to send the meter back - but then John came out with a new no-battery version.
That worked for me - and I am reliably getting data. My displays look like his - now.
The version I tried immediately before his one is the first one that set the voltage to 120.
John does not set that value - depending on the default being correct. I suspect mine was not.

I am also using John’s, but I was hoping for separate reading. John’s is very much refined and a finished work.

This worked best for me. All the other versions had display/refresh issues.

I just comment out //capability “Battery” to get rid of the battery warning.

Thank you for this!

1 Like