[OBSOLETE] Aeon HEM v1 DH Discussion (DTH link in post 411)

Let me know if you need me to see how IOS is displaying.

Oh I will!

To keep the code neat and clean, without too many workarounds, Iā€™m going to design the code so that if someone decides to display battery % while not having batteries installed that Health Check will catch that and push low battery notifications until the user disables the display. In my opinion, if someone opts to not use batteries but doesnā€™t bother to turn the display off, they should be gently reminded ;-).

The updated code may require the user to open Preferences and then tap on Done, but that shouldnā€™t be too difficult for someone to do.

Stay tuned, almost ready for testingā€¦

1 Like

OK standing by.

Just updated GitHub. Hereā€™s what changed:

02-13-2017 : Cleaned up code for battery message being displayed. If someone decides to display battery % while not having batteries installed Health Check will catch that and push low battery notifications until the user disables the display.

Set your battery reporting interval to 60 seconds, and then later go back to something like 3600 (an hour) or longer. That will cause it to refresh fairly quick.

Does the above apply to everyone? Battery or not. I have the new DH installed looks good nothing wrong that I see. Working well displays perfectly on IOS. So I think you did a great job again.

1 Like

Yup, regardless if you have batteries or not. The device seems to always report battery, so for those with no battery set the value high, and with batteries set to around an hour depending on how frequently itā€™s reporting watts, etc.

:+1: Thanks!

I just discovered that the device will report if itā€™s running on batteries or USB power, so it looks like I have another improvement to make! That should come in very handy.

OK done and working great. Thanks again. What project are you going to do next?

Sleepā€¦ All kidding aside, once I add the feature to the HEM DTH to detect if itā€™s on batteries or USB, Iā€™m going to look at how I can add a chart to the DTH via Google Sheets.

2 Likes

That sound interesting. I have four V1s running and it is very informative. True I only read the total for circuits not the individual devices., but I can figure out by what the standing watts are and then if one appliance is running I can see the difference. I canā€™t see both in real time, but not that important.

John,

I am using the reset app and it reset for the first time last night.

I had it set to reset on the 15th of the month at 11:59pm but it fired on the 14th at 11:59pm.

Is it a bug or any other ideas?

Thanks

When I tested the reset app, it seemed to be zero based - while our calendar is one based.
Setting a reset date was off by one day for me.

OK so I searched and came up empty. Where can I find this reset app?

In Johnā€™s repository, look for ā€œAeon HEM v1 Reset Managerā€. It is a smart app; not a device handler.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/smartapps/jscgs350/aeon-hem-v1-reset-manager.src/aeon-hem-v1-reset-manager.groovy

1 Like

@johnconstantelo, do you think there would be a way to change the KWH cost for all my HEM v1s from one place instead of everyone of the configs? I am using you reset app to reset at 12:00 Am on the 3rd of each month, but until the bill comes in I donā€™t know what the cost per KWH is.

Wow Iā€™m not sure how I didnā€™t see this reset app before.

If you are taking requests on changing the reset. My electric supplier bills every 33 days.

Maybe a calendar month option as well as a every X days option? :grin:

1 Like

I find my electric companyā€™s bill period changes every month. Last month it was the 18th. This itā€™s the 15th so itā€™s a manual update ahead of time for me.

Usually it is the Calendar month which makes sense.

Mine is same, depends what day the meter reader guy walks past my house :frowning:

We have smart meters so itā€™s read remotely. Maybe there is a set number of days and I have just not figured it out yet. But itā€™s not the same day each month.