[OBSOLETE] Aeon HEM v1 DH Discussion (DTH link in post 411)

HI can you please share how you getting the graph on SmartTiles? Thanks

Owner : constjs
Name : jcdevhandlers
Branch : master

1 Like

Hey Joel.
How do you install the HEM?
Thanks again.

I got the HEM to install, how do I get the network ID?

Hang on sec @eric_james. Why do you need the network ID?

All you need to do is follow the instructions with ST and Aeon’s documentation to include the device to SmartThings, and then you edit the device to use the new device handler.

This all I’m getting nothing else.

@eric_james, those screenshots do not look right at all. I don’t even know what the second screenshot is from, but it looks like the first one is from the original device handler provided by ST, not mine.

1. Did you install my device handler? And did you follow Joel’s steps in post 78 up above?

2. Did you include the device to your hub?

I FREAKING LOVE YOU, It works!!!
Thanks for all your hark work.

1 Like

Minor change:

01-20-2017 : Removed the check for 0w, but still don’t allow negative values. Also removed all rounding, which now displays 3 positions right of the decimal.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/devicetypes/jscgs350/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.src/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.groovy

3 Likes

Works great looks fantastic. I think you are correct about the dual reading DH it nis the IOS rendering problem. Those I contacted that have it working are on Android.

Yep, I saw your replies. Are you sure you don’t want to come back to the dark side? :wink:

1 Like

Naaaa! Like my Apple products. I just installed an Android emulator to see if I can load the SmartThings app and try my hand at getting it to work. The program is called BlueStacks Emulator. It Found SmartThings mobile but my network protection that was installed here is very curious about everything. Talk about artificial intelligence, this is just dumb. I am forced to run it, and there is no opting out.

1 Like

@johnconstantelo I just finished installing my last two HEM V1s in my system. As it is now I enter the cost per KWH once a month when my billing cycle is up. Not accurate as it doesn’t say what that month will cost per KWH. But that isn’t the problem. I now do this four times one time for each HEM. Is there a way of entering the cost once and make it universal across all devices? Still can’t get the dual reading clamps to work. I’ll leave it for the experts.

2 Likes

Need to get some convoluted tubing for that! :wink:

I plan on getting Plastic wire track with 90 degree and Ts to finish it off. Just haven’t had the chance to get it.

1 Like

With something like this USB wall charger you could eliminate the wire to hub :slight_smile: 
 http://a.co/6ZsPlxR

I have a v1
 Not using battery power but my device shows 0%
is there a fix to that?

Yes install the DH that says “No Battery” do a search. In the config for that unit change the battery reporting last item to 65000.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/devicetypes/jscgs350/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-no-battery.src/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-no-battery.groovy

Nice idea but that is $20.00 mine was free.