[OBSOLETE] Aeon HEM v1 DH Discussion (DTH link in post 411)

Thank you. All seems good to me now. Text is back to itā€™s former, readable size.

I do not have the ā€˜ā€“ā€™ mentioned above.

I am still not getting 3 places of decimals displaying on the main tile or lower kWh and Cost tiles. It seems to be one position or none. On the tile that shows what the min and max was it does show 3 decimal places.

Otherwise, thanks for this update. Much better now.

just watching in the IDE i see nothing reporting for the Energy Meter

edit: i switched to the other DH and data started flowing in instantly.

I suspect that youā€™re trying to use my gen 1 device handler with your gen 2 device?

Deleted that line in my version and updated the device, hopefully that corrects it.

If the DTH is doing the cost math, I assume it will be off due to missing updates from the device itself - correct?

The kWh value is coming from the device, so what ever is sent thatā€™s whatā€™s used to calculate costs. It does that every time thereā€™s a reading, so even if something was missed, the kwh value will be what the meters knows about since the last reset was performed.

The min/max values wonā€™t change. I kept those at 3 positions for now regardless of the selection in Preferences. See post #236 up above.

The cost tile will always stay at 2 decimal positions.

When you changed your Preferences for the decimal position, did you tap on Done? That should have changed, and as soon as the first reading came through for watts, the main tile will change, followed afterwards by kWh.

I did. Initially I left it at the default 3 but seeing as I wasnā€™t getting that I changed it to 2 then back to 3 each time hitting done. Watts and kWh still show values like 673.1kWh or 674. Cost (which should always be 2 decimals) shows values like $53.2 or $54.

Well thatā€™s oddā€¦

Itā€™s almost like your HEM stopped reporting values or something, but if youā€™re seeing it change then that canā€™t be the issue. What happens if you go back to STā€™s default DTH, wait a little bit to see things change, and then switch back to mine?

Yeah, the numbers are updating.

I will give your suggestion a try when I can.

Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™m using a much older version of this wondering if any versions support time of day pricing?

Thanks John the rendering is great now on my iPhone.

1 Like

So far so good - no ā€œofflineā€ events last night (before they seemed to happen at least once every 12hrs or so), the the power reporting seems to happen regularly. Thanks!

1 Like

None that Iā€™m aware of.

Ok, for cost per KWH, is there a way to add the capability to the DTH to have a schedule?

Say in device options where cost/KWh is input, with an on/off toggle for simple/advanced,
advanced option would open a secondary setting page for Schedule:
allow the user to select up to say 6 lines that they just add ā€œbetween timesā€

Between:ā€¦M-Fā€¦S/Sā€¦7-Days

1. 00:00-03:59: .04 ā€¦x
  2. 04:00-11:59: .06 ā€¦x
  3. 00:00-11:59: .06ā€¦x
  4. 12:00-18:59: .24 ā€¦x ā€¦x
  5. 19:00-23:59: .06 ā€¦x ā€¦x
  6. : ____ ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦__
    (with check boxes for days that apply, or 3 preset options: Weekday, weekend, All days)

where all these data values would add to current total based on time of day accruing into the total

1 Like

The only ā€œissuesā€ with this DTH is that itā€™s showing ā€œ0% battery remainingā€ (see pic) and the ā€œconfigureā€ button does nothing, hitting the gear in top right does go to configuration settings though.

Was previsously using: My Aeon Home Energy Monitor (no battery)", namespace: ā€œjscgs350ā€, author: ā€œSmartThingsā€

Did you turn off the option for battery reporting on the main tile?

The Configurend does do a lot, but you wonā€™t see any kind of message pop up. It configures the HEMā€™s parameters to whatever you set them to, and depending upon your settings you may see immediate readings or not.

If youā€™ve read my posts above, Iā€™m no longer supporting multiple versions of this DTH because I combined them together.

1 Like

Where is the link to the most current DTH youā€™re supporting? Did I miss it?

Iā€™ve got mine updating from your Git directory

Thereā€™s a few places, but post 8 has it too. My github has had the code youā€™re using move a few weeks ago.

Hi @johnconstantelo

On post 8 I get link to version:

02-15-2016 : Removed posting to the Activity Feed in the phone app and event log.

Is it the last ?