How to setup Aeon Doorbell to voice alerts for different actions/triggers
- Install the latest code on this thread. (currently v0.5)
- Pair your device, make sure when you are pairing it, you double tap the button on the speaker unit itself, as I had some issues initially getting the key/handshake when I pressed the button once.
- Go to the IDE and make sure the preferences section of the Aeon Doorbell device has all the values filled out.
- Install Rule Machine and Rule from here
- Create audio files (mp3) for each of your custom alerts. I used IVONA and simply recorded the audio through Audacity, amplified the sound a little to make it louder and saved it as an mp3. Make sure you save it as: “6 Front door was opened.mp3” for example, and keep naming your audio files with the number in front all the way up to 100, as the number in the beginning will be used as the track number.
- Transfer all your mp3 files to the unit through USB.
- Go to Rule Machine and scroll down to Expert Features > Tap to create custom commands> Configure Custom Commands and create a new custom command using the Aeon Doorbell as the Test Device, and you will be using playtrack as the command and the parameters will be a number value which you will select for example 6, would play “6 Front door was opened.mp3”
- After you added all the different custom commands for each track, go back to Main menu of Rule Machine and now you can create a Rule, name it, setup your trigger, and the action will be Custom command which should be all the way at the bottom. Then it will allow you to see the custom commands you created like playtrack(6)