ADT Pulse Integration (Referencing Latest Alexa Integration)

I hear you. I didn’t have a home security system before I got my ST hub two years ago, they’re not very common in NYC where I live. But since I own my apartment and it actually has an additional doorway that opens directly onto the street, I thought I’d give the home security features of ST a try. I agree with others that say it’s better than nothing, but it’s pretty crappy as security systems go, and I’d like to think that for a service as important as that, you get what you pay for.

That said, it does seem like the monthly monitoring fees of major home security systems can be exorbitant. I just think in my case I don’t need the security system enough to get gouged for it, so I stick with ST.

If you really want to get away from ADT’s fees, have you looked at Abode? I don’t think it can integrate with ST either but it’s supposedly solid and should cost less than ADT. It has some home automation functionality though not as flexible as ST, so it depends what you’re looking for. Still need new equipment though…

2 Likes